Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > General Discussion

Old 01-22-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostdutchman View Post
Scott. Come by pasty anytime . I usually work days. But lmk!
Will do.. We usually hit the mesa one up, its been a while since I have been into the Tempe location.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:11 PM

This is AWESOME!!!!! I should be able to be there Friday You can all giggle at my belly And I will so be getting a Cornish pasty, those things are ridiculously delicious!
Old 01-22-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
This is AWESOME!!!!! I should be able to be there Friday You can all giggle at my belly And I will so be getting a Cornish pasty, those things are ridiculously delicious!
Awesome! I'm excited to see what you come up with. Also, the location is now Boulders on Broadway. I still recommend you go get a pasty though.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:33 PM
Rod Builder

On another note as to the 2 Apex vises we have donated, there will also be one of the Wolff Ind "Versa Clamps" Probably one of the finest and universal clamps offered on the market today

http://flyfishingvises.com/versa-clamp/
Old 01-27-2015, 09:47 AM

Hello Zor,

I hope to make it just to hang out and see the great fly tiers in action and partake in the goodies to be found. Please clarify my confusion on the time that this starts, because I see in your initial announcment that it says 9pm but in the graphic invite it says 6pm. Is 6pm just when the initial huddle for happy hour begins and informal ugly fly tying starts?

Old 01-27-2015, 09:52 AM

6pm is the start of the Fly Fishing Film Tour.
9pm kicks off Iron Fly
Old 01-27-2015, 07:36 PM

DJ you are the man.

First off, thank you very much for thinking of Project Healing Waters - Phoenix. This is not the last time you will hear it, but on behalf of the entire program, thank you. Thank you.

On a personal note, $#^@ yeah! F3T is comin to town! AND Iron Fly sounds about as awesome as it could possibly be. AND that poster is #$%@ing awesome. I assume it's a lostdutchman original? I can not wait.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:17 PM

So did you say that some really bad hackle tiers who always bend the pheasant tails are welcome to tie as well? I am willing to play along for fun of trying. So I plan to be there with my wife tagging along like another has said; the dinner with the wife can count for valentine's since I already got the day off because I got a Dr's appointment in Chandler that morning.

Last edited by Tying2Fly; 02-04-2015 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:01 PM

I've gotten a few questions on things so I'll address them here.

-food and drink for the film fest... I recommend grabbing a fresh drink before the film starts. If you can eat it without a table some grub too, but there won't be any tables to eat at during the film. There is an intermission, good time for a refill.

-iron fly sign ups... There isn't any sign up sheet. We've got multiple contests and I'll make some up as we go along. It'll all depend on how many tiers and relative skill sets for how that goes. I will make sure that everyone who wants to tie has a chance.

-kids... Kids are more than welcome! The film tour is not rated, and I haven't seen any of it to know if there is strong language. Please make sure that they're well enough behaved that you would be comfortable taking them out for a regular movie without causing a distraction. Common sense applies. That being said, I'd love to see some future anglers in the audience!

-There will not be a presale for the film tour. $15 (cash only) per person at the event. I'm operating with very limited resources and this is the only way I can do it. We'll be upstairs setting up before hand so if you want to grab a pizza or burger before the film tour and buy a wristband when you get there that's a good plan. I do ask that you just come and get you're wristbands, we're going to have a lot to do and not much time to do it in.

If you have any other questions please ask them here since others may be wondering the same thing. Looking forward to seeing everyone in a week!
Old 02-07-2015, 08:04 AM

This is so awesome and I hope my wife is off early enough we can attend.

I looked into getting the FF Films here a few years ago (before the economic meltdown). It was too expensive - would have required thousands of dollars up front with a theater venue rental plus the money the tour wanted. IIRC, I think it would have taken like $10,000 just to get the ball rolling. I am guessing they are a little more reasonable now - at least I hope you did not have to put up too much.

Thanks for putting this together!