Arizona Fly Fishing Forums

Arizona Fly Fishing Forums (http://www.azflyandtie.com/flyforum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.azflyandtie.com/flyforum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   This Forum (http://www.azflyandtie.com/flyforum/showthread.php?t=16158)

Ragen 10-18-2020 12:54 PM

I have not logged on to this site in a couple of years. Kind of dropped the fly fishing addiction due to work and getting more into off-roading with the Jeep. Flash forward and Iím now retired and have made the move up to the rim full time. Iíve been slowly getting back into fly fishing and fly tying. Itís a slow process as most of my equipment/tools are still in boxes in the garage. I would really hate to see this site close down. There are/were a lot of good people on the site and I learned a lot over the years of visiting it. Iím NOT a big fan of FB so I donít see myself going there.

bgiordano 11-10-2020 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BunsbertMontcroffEsq (Post 173832)
I would hate for this forum to disappear, as I have learned quite a bit. Not just from discussions on direct messages, but using the search feature, putting in specific species or streams and learning about their history, land management, etc. Having several AZGFD employees post here was also a treat (Mike L. and Bryan G.) I feel like this is the way to get into the sport, and get into wild trout as I have spent hours looking at topo maps, reading stocking histories, and just doing my homework. This forum was an invaluable part of that education.

Thanks for the kind words. Even with the move to Montana, I check this forum fairly often. Even though things don't pop up much.

Newby 02-15-2021 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJDrifli (Post 173828)
Forums like this come and go. They typically have a lifespan of 10 years or so. They start out strong, get lots of new members in the first year or two, they stay strong awhile, then they start to get a little stale, then start the slide to oblivion. I used to own the San Juan river forum. After about 8 or 9 years it became a ghost town so we shut it down. It was hardly noticed that it was gone. This forum lasted longer than most. As much as I hate to say it, I do believe it is time to mercifully put it to rest.

I wasn't a frequent poster at SJRF, but I for one was sad to see it go and checked in fairly frequently.

First time I've checked in to AZFAT for 8 months. Life as an ICU nurse during the covid pandemic has been crazy. Sad to see the forum as quiet as it is, even though I certainly haven't help contribute to activity recently.

If this is it for this once bustling, amazing community, I am saddened but happy to have been a part of it at a pivotal time in my life. I was young, just starting out on this crazy fly fishing journey, and this forum provided me advice, encouragement, knowledge, and the opportunity to fish with so many amazing and generous people. It may sound sappy but this community truly helped shape me during an important time in my life and provided fuel for the fire that has been my most beloved hobby.

Sadly I haven't fished as much as I thought I would since moving away from Pueblo and the Arkansas Tailwater, and during this covid time my fishing has really taken a dive. But I certainly intend to pay it forward the rest of my life, sharing what I know and what I have with other young and new fly fishers wherever I go. Thanks to the moderators and admins who kept this community going for so long. And thankyou, wholeheartedly, to all of those people on here who helped a young kid who didn't know what he was getting into make it through the steep learning curve and fall in love with fly-fishing and tying. It changed my life forever.

Newby 03-15-2021 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJDrifli (Post 173828)
Forums like this come and go. They typically have a lifespan of 10 years or so. They start out strong, get lots of new members in the first year or two, they stay strong awhile, then they start to get a little stale, then start the slide to oblivion. I used to own the San Juan river forum. After about 8 or 9 years it became a ghost town so we shut it down. It was hardly noticed that it was gone. This forum lasted longer than most. As much as I hate to say it, I do believe it is time to mercifully put it to rest.

I wasn't a frequent poster at SJRF, but I for one was sad to see it go and checked in fairly frequently.

First time I've checked in to AZFAT for 8 months. Life as an ICU nurse during the covid pandemic has been crazy. Sad to see the forum as quiet as it is, even though I certainly haven't help contribute to activity recently.

If this is it for this once bustling, amazing community, I am saddened but happy to have been a part of it at a pivotal time in my life. I was young, just starting out on this crazy fly fishing journey, and this forum provided me advice, encouragement, knowledge, and the opportunity to fish with so many amazing and generous people. It may sound sappy but this community truly helped shape me during an important time in my life and provided fuel for the fire that has been my most beloved hobby.

Sadly I haven't fished as much as I thought I would since moving away from Pueblo and the Arkansas Tailwater, and during this covid time my fishing has really taken a dive. But I certainly intend to pay it forward the rest of my life, sharing what I know and what I have with other young and new fly fishers wherever I go. Thanks to the moderators and admins who kept this community going for so long. And thankyou, wholeheartedly, to all of those people on here who helped a young kid who didn't know what he was getting into make it through the steep learning curve and fall in love with fly-fishing and tying. It changed my life forever.*

rickie 04-03-2021 07:37 AM

Like most bulletin boards, this one is dying. Alternative methods, such as Facebook, have taken over. This was always a small BB and itís only gotten smaller.