Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > The Rave Party > Juanuary 2010 - Jan 15, 16, 17

Old 10-28-2009, 07:32 AM

I hired a guide two years ago when I went down, Paul who runs Rough rider guide A.K.A. (SJDrifli ) it was the best thing I did. Regardless of your skill, Paul knows the water and the fish I caught some of the biggest fish in my life with Paul and he's a cool guy to boot. Unfortunately Paul is no longer down on the Juan on an everyday basis, I believe he is now up in Idaho teaching school. But I know there are many excellent guides down there so if your contemplating getting one and spending a few extra bucks I would do it. Just google San Juan river guides and that should get you there, unless anyone wants to recommend one here. Dana I will see you soon in PHX
Old 10-28-2009, 08:45 AM
Super Robot Monkey Team

Paul now is part owner of Aztec Anglers which does guiding on the Juan. If interested in a guide check out aztecanglers.com and I'm sure he could hook you up.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:27 AM

Assistance

I assume the drill is to call and get a room reservation then add your name to the list? Or what is the process. I want to go!!! Still up north, heading back for winter in November, San Juan in January, primo. Sign me up...
Old 10-28-2009, 09:34 AM
Administrator

arasgrandpa,

Yes, get a room reservation and come join us. This is a great trip with good fishing and good friends. Gives people a chance to put a name with a face - especially with people from out of state.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:13 AM

FYI: if you drive a diesel truck and it is equipped with a plug in engine heater, remember to bring an extension cord ! Gretchen has outlets to plug in to around the place. It was 14 degrees one morning and it makes a lot easier on the old engine block (plus warm up time) to get going in the morning. I don't think my truck would have ever started with out plugging in. Yes it can get that cold there
Old 11-01-2009, 04:59 PM

Unfortunatly I won't be able to make it up the the Juanuary trip this year due to other things that have come up. I canceled my reservation today with Gretchen at the enchanted hideaway. So there is now a room available if anyone wants to stay there with the rest of the guys. It is the brown trout room and here is the rental information:

ANGLER'S RETREAT | BROWN TROUT ROOM | $90 Per Night

The Angler's Retreat and Brown Trout Room are one-bedroom condos
with a queen in the bedroom and two twins in the living room and fully-equipped kitchens, in a separate West Building.
$90/Night for single or double | $15 for each additional person

Just give Gretchen a call at: (505)632-2634 to book it.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:33 AM

Damn, we need to get this board fired up ! It's the Juan and it's killer fishing and it's just around the corner !!
Tentative beginning roster:
1. Seldom
2. Dana P
3. fishunter
4. Biscut Head
Old 11-03-2009, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Damn, we need to get this board fired up ! It's the Juan and it's killer fishing and it's just around the corner !!
1. Seldom
2. Dana P
3. fishunter
4. Biscut Head
5. Chief
6. Tony
7. Eric
Old 11-08-2009, 05:02 PM

1. Seldom
2. Dana P
3. fishunter
4. Biscut Head
5. Chief
6. Tony
7. Eric
8. Mr.Smith

Pretty sure Mike Turek and I are carpooling again so he'll be there. Trying to convince the wife to come on out so you'll have to make it Phil so we can get her out on your boat.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:07 PM

Don't forget about Chuck's SJR lodge and the Octagon Inn. Two much better options than Abe's.