Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > The Fly Box > Fly Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Mr Blur's Avatar
Mr Blur Mr Blur is offline
t.craftsman f.k.a. shlitz
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,690
cdc&elk is killer!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-08-2013, 11:05 AM
toddthefrog's Avatar
toddthefrog toddthefrog is offline
Flying Monkey
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 3,796
Nice stuff. I'm still cleaning my table off..... t least my closet is done!
__________________
Peyote Way Church of God
www.peyoteway.org
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Mr Blur's Avatar
Mr Blur Mr Blur is offline
t.craftsman f.k.a. shlitz
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,690
also currently cleaning the den. I got tired of stepping on and bumping into all the stuff in there and not being able to find what I'm looking for. this is a multi-day project.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Zor's Avatar
Zor Zor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norty View Post
Great looking ties Zor. That PTN is a work of art. What hook did you do the KF's on. I like it.
It's a TMC and I'm pretty sure it's the 206BL in an 18. It's shaped like a Daiichi 1130 but has an up eye and comes barbless. I grabbed the 1130's for the KF's in 20 and 22, but they didn't have em in 18 so grabbed that tmc. I like em, although I haven't put a fish on one yet so...

Newby, that elk/cdc in NICE.

As for iPhone 5 and pictures, I upload em to photobucket and then attach the img code to the thread.
__________________
"I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you can see all kinds of things you can't see from the center."
-Kurt Vonnegut
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Zor's Avatar
Zor Zor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Blur View Post
also currently cleaning the den. I got tired of stepping on and bumping into all the stuff in there and not being able to find what I'm looking for. this is a multi-day project.
This man speaks the truth. It would take a small army, like an army of dwarves or midgets not a small number of normal sized humans, at least two days to organize that room. It's fly tyers heaven in there.
__________________
"I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you can see all kinds of things you can't see from the center."
-Kurt Vonnegut
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Newby's Avatar
Newby Newby is offline
Fly Fishing Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Colorado, but a Native Arizonan at heart
Posts: 1,458
Thanks Zor. Seems I'm learning fairly fast, as are you.

I'm donating some flies to Casting for Recovery and tied up a dozen mini-hoppers among them.

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Mr Blur's Avatar
Mr Blur Mr Blur is offline
t.craftsman f.k.a. shlitz
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norty View Post
Great looking ties Zor. That PTN is a work of art. What hook did you do the KF's on. I like it.
he did have top quality hands on instruction from a rather skilled tyer.

colton - good onya and God bless ya for what yer doing. I send a couple dozen woolly buggers a year to them. my mother is a survivor and I am most thankful for that.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Litespeed1 Litespeed1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tempe
Posts: 1,204
Fine looking flies men. Looks like you had some fine mentors!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Super fly Super fly is offline
Tying and Fishing Nerd
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zor View Post
It's a TMC and I'm pretty sure it's the 206BL in an 18. It's shaped like a Daiichi 1130 but has an up eye and comes barbless. I grabbed the 1130's for the KF's in 20 and 22, but they didn't have em in 18 so grabbed that tmc. I like em, although I haven't put a fish on one yet so...

Newby, that elk/cdc in NICE.

As for iPhone 5 and pictures, I upload em to photobucket and then attach the img code to the thread.
Will do, thanks.
__________________
Bunnies...and brown trout, in a daisy field.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Arizona Wanderings's Avatar
Arizona Wanderings Arizona Wanderings is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby View Post
I'm donating some flies to Casting for Recovery and tied up a dozen mini-hoppers among them.
Great looking mini-hoppers Newby.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Zor View Post
I also tied up a bunch of BH zebras and AZ Wanderings KF midge emergers (thanks Ben for posting that pattern on your blog).
The KF Emergers look great. I am glad my tutorial helped, although it is not my creation.

Great looking bugs guys.

Ben
__________________
Arizona Wanderings
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
guide flies?, todd come back, todd is better at this

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Logos, Trademarks are property of their owners. Other content Copyright 2006-2015 azflyandtie.com . All Rights Reserved.