Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Bass on the Fly > General Bass Discussion

Old 07-17-2010, 05:46 AM

acronyms...

Josho,
OTF?

Tying2Fly:
DHM - yep, good fly. I picked John Rohmer's brain on that one...

Others:
OTL - yep, it's been 25 years since I went to one on Fiesta. Crazy...

Thanks,
Steve P
Old 07-17-2010, 08:14 AM
I steal Avatars!

OTF - a past member who shall remain nameless

DHM - Diamond Hair Minnow

OTL - Over The Line = Hot Drunk Women. Anyone ever played the JJ's tourny?

We're as bad as the Military...
Old 07-17-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve P View Post
For bass, do you use a fast sinking line, short leader,
and crawl them on the bottom or are you using a floating or intermediate
line, longer leader, and a heavily weighted fly for a more vertical presentation?

Thanks!
Steve P
I use a floating line with a HEAVY weight or HEAVILY weighted fly below my presentation fly, just like drop-shotting or d-shotting with a jig as your weight, and a long leader. I use this presentation because it keeps tension on the line allows you to feel the strike. With sinking lines it is difficult to feel the strike because of the slack or "belly" that is created in the line, especially if it is a pressure bite. If the fish are feeding aggressively and you can strip a streamer, use whatever line that gets you to the depth at which they are feeding.
Good luck!
Old 07-18-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Chef View Post
Tim, dude, major tip for you. Dump the wife and kids for a couple of hours and join me at the "Over the Line Tournament" tomorrow about 4 ish. Huge "softball" tournament on Fiesta island in Mission Bay. Softball, beer, babes, and lots of b**bs. Definately NOT PC and no kids allowed. Totally dirty adults only fun.
Thanks for the invite and info but...... There is no way I can escape to such a function. You will just have to do enough for the both of us....

Old 08-10-2010, 09:26 PM

Buddy called me this morning. He is as said....on Vallecito lake with no internet access. He has limited access as his daughter is there with him, and she has her laptop. The campground put in wi-fi a couple of years ago. But they stay in different cabins. Buddy takes a break from the techie world when he is in Colorado. He doesn't make much of an effort to access his email till he gets back to Tucson. He indicated the trout have not been very ative till now He caught 20 this morning.

anywhoooo.....Buddy is ok and will probably respond to any emails when he gets back home.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:22 PM

Just talked to Buddy. I told him people had questions about some of his past posts. He told me to post his cell number publicly. That he did not mind. He said he enjoys taling to people about fishing. Sooooo.......

Buddy Sanders
520-247-7483

Uh....cut him some slack. Cell service is not the greatest up there. Meanwhile he may be in the middle of sculpturing some glass and not be able to answer his phone. So he might not always answer. It is not because he is dissing people...he just might have his hands full at the time. But he stated he didn't mind getting phone calls and instructed me to post his number publicly on here....not via PM.

He's catching trout.....I think he is in a good mood. <grin>

Last edited by Gemrod; 08-12-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:47 PM
Sophomoric Member

I visited with Buddy a little in July. We both did that art show at Vallecito on the 4th.

Sounded like he was worried the trout population wasn't doing too hot. Last time I fished with him up there I caught equal numbers of trout and pike, so that could have had something to do with it. Glad to hear he's tying into them now.

If you check this thread, Buddy, thanks for the glass eye. My daughter has lain claim to it.

Last edited by mvtoro; 08-11-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvtoro View Post
I visited with Buddy a little in July. We both did that art show at Vallecito on the 4th.

Sounded like he was worried the trout population wasn't doing too hot. Last time I fished with him up there I caught equal numbers of trout and pike, so that could have had something to do with it. Glad to hear he's tying into them now.

If you check this thread, Buddy, thanks for the glass eye. My daughter has lain claim to it.
You evidently ran into the actor hired to play the fictional character - created by the Madison Avenue pr firm Shmuck Putz & Mendivoso.

Like the Dos Equis Guy, Sara Lee (who was based upon baker Charles Lubin's real daughter), Betty Crocker, Colonel Sanders (no relation), Aldo Cella, Mister Whipple - there is no real Buddy Sanders.

He is simply a figment of our collective imagination.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztightlines View Post
You evidently ran into the actor hired to play the fictional character - created by the Madison Avenue pr firm Shmuck Putz & Mendivoso.

Like the Dos Equis Guy, Sara Lee (who was based upon baker Charles Lubin's real daughter), Betty Crocker, Colonel Sanders (no relation), Aldo Cella, Mister Whipple - there is no real Buddy Sanders.

He is simply a figment of our collective imagination.

Don't forget this guy.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:59 PM

Buddy is much cooler.....Once broke a 15 lb tippet on a bass - just to show it could be done.

Drowned in a floattube...just to give himself CPR.

Designed a fly that would not catch fish....to simply make his fishing partners feel better about themselves.

Last edited by aztightlines; 08-16-2010 at 07:09 PM.