Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > Hall of Infamy

Old 04-09-2008, 02:22 PM

Okay, Okay.... I got it. Now I am fairly new here, hopefully I don't overstep my bounds here. I think I know what Buddy is talking about, well not me exactly. But you see I have this uncle that swears he can talk to the animals. Maybe Buddy is a Fish Whisperer..... Just imagine, he knows what they are saying.... maybe we should listen to him...

Nah I don't believe that crap for a minute. All the studies done on fish that I have EVER heard about support the theory that C & R is the BEST thing that we could do for any water we fish. Yeah sure there may be some mortality caused by catching the fish. MORTALITY is a FACT of life, PERIOD! they will eventually die. Should we go out to the salmon swimming up the rivers to spawn and start mouth to mouth because they are going to die too? NO! its a fact of life, in-fact, if they happen to die they are actually adding to the production of the stream. Think about all the other "life" that is supported in the stream / aquatic environment.

I got an idea.... Since you don't want us to practice Catch & Release because of the "harm" done to the fish, your opinion. I guess we shouldn't eat chicken, beef, pork, or any other meats.... so then we would become vegitarians. BUT WAIT, you are harming the plant life when you decide to eat.... DON'T EAT ANYTHING THAT YOU MIGHT HARM in order to feed your hunger, Let me know how long you last. Probably NOT very long!!!

Sorry everyone, got started on the rant and couldn't stop myself.

Anyway, to all the others that practice C & R
Old 04-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Super Robot Monkey Team

I can't help it that fish are too dumb to recognize a imitation from the real McCoy and impale themselves. I just blame the "school" system, (pun intended). At least they get a second chance.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Nymphmaster P

Well if you are asking Buddy not to eat Beef, chicken or Pork, he will do a 180 degree switch on his stance here. Meat is life!!!!

RoughRider Guide Flies
www.roughriderguide.com
www.aztecanglers.com
www.aztecanglers.blogspot.com
Old 04-09-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJDrifli View Post
Well if you are asking Buddy not to eat Beef, chicken or Pork, he will do a 180 degree switch on his stance here. Meat is life!!!!
Well then....... a predicament indeed.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Banned

Buddy would "sell out" his position on c&r in a heartbeat if denied Beef!

Don
Old 04-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Squirt The Dirt

C&R = "E" Ticket for fish!!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Krai View Post
Fish are trying to commit murder by eating my fly...I punish them for their murderous ways. Until fish become vegetarians I will continue to seek justice for all flies, baitfish, leeches, ect...
I see a bumper sticker coming out of this.......
Punish fish, save a mayfly!
Old 04-09-2008, 04:02 PM

Is C&R just "A Pitstop in this Nascar Race of Life," on our evolutionary trail?

Will we "devolve" back into the killing mode, are we Devo?

I don't know, "Mongo just a Pawn in the Game of Life."

Last edited by aztightlines; 04-09-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:22 PM

Oh bobblycock! We all know that fish don’t feel a thing no matter if swimming around free eating what ever they want, or on my hook and line. Did you ever hear them scream! I don’t. I only hear myself scream if I don’t catch them if I know they are there being spiteful by not biting. Heck! Jesus himself would catch them by the loads to feed man, and if he only had two in a basket (that were dead I remind you) and created many baskets more for all to eat. So I actually caught a 12 inch rainbow on Lower Salt today on my Leprechaun fly on about the 2nd cast with it. I though I would bag me some more so put the first one on a stringer but set him in a pool to stay “cool”. I fished another hour or so but no more bites. So when started to go checked in with Mr. fishy and he was still raring to go so released him instead of cleaning only one fish. He was all rested and took off like ready to attack another fly. I did feel good that I released him. But ready to catch him again another day.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:36 PM

PETA: