Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > The Rave Party > Juanuary 2009 - Jan 16,17,18

Old 01-12-2009, 07:14 PM

Reminder

Drive safe. Say no to stupid. Don't take chances. The fish will be there still a few minutes later.

Watch out of the other guy.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Sophomoric Member

For sure.

My mom tells me there's no fishing in heaven because we're gonna all be friends with the animals and vegetarian and what not. I tell her with no steak and no fly fishing, I'm not going. But the bottom line is don't risk a wonderful lifetime of fishing for a few more minutes on the Juan!

Last winter I was driving past Strawberry Resevoir up here on my way up to the lodge and on the icy roads I had about the exact same experience that Seldom mentioned last year. Huge trailer swings and covers the entire road. Fortunately the trailer straightened out in time like with Seldom. In my case it didn't flip either which is nice.

Deer and Elk freak me out though because you just never know when one is going to literally jump out of nowhere... or 6.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:16 PM

Be safe! We need lots of fish photos! Those of us staying around here fishing for the tiny basses.....
Old 01-12-2009, 08:38 PM

Should be one for the books, guys! So far the weather's looking good. Be safe and (hopefully, work permitting) we'll see you Saturday evening.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:58 PM
CHIEF

Send a message via ICQ to CHIEF
I make it a point to wish all well on this trip there and keep family safe while I'm away. I know I have to be safe because I have to fish the following weekend.

CHIEF
Old 01-13-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvtoro View Post
For sure.

My mom tells me there's no fishing in heaven because we're gonna all be friends with the animals and vegetarian and what not. I tell her with no steak and no fly fishing, I'm not going. But the bottom line is don't risk a wonderful lifetime of fishing for a few more minutes on the Juan!

Last winter I was driving past Strawberry Resevoir up here on my way up to the lodge and on the icy roads I had about the exact same experience that Seldom mentioned last year. Huge trailer swings and covers the entire road. Fortunately the trailer straightened out in time like with Seldom. In my case it didn't flip either which is nice.

Deer and Elk freak me out though because you just never know when one is going to literally jump out of nowhere... or 6.
I know I hit one last year on my way to the juan, just outside of Monticello. Keep your eyes open !
Old 01-13-2009, 10:24 AM
Sophomoric Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscut head View Post
I know I hit one last year on my way to the juan, just outside of Monticello. Keep your eyes open !
Great. I'm driving straight through there Friday on my way to Durango.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:46 PM

Everyone have a great time, be careful driving, catch lots of fish, eat alot of food and drink Philthy's booze ..man wish I was going again
Old 01-13-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbltea View Post
Everyone have a great time, be careful driving, catch lots of fish, eat alot of food and drink Philthy's booze ..man wish I was going again
You're gonna really miss out this year! Wild Turkey Rare Breed @ 108.2 proof! In moderation, of course since I don't want to row with a hangover.

Phil
Old 01-13-2009, 11:21 PM

That whole Deer Creek/Monticello area is the worst. Hit a deer myself driving from SLC to the Juan a few years back.