Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > The Trading Post > The Industrial Zone

Old 02-09-2010, 04:29 PM

AZ Flyfising - Stay in Touch

Well the day has passed and the doors are now locked at the shop on the corner of Mill and Baseline.

I think what will be missed the most is the day-to-day interactions with other anglers. Stories. Fact and fiction. And laughs. Lots of laughs. Talking about fishing or the next trip tends to bring out the best in all of us.

So stay in touch, please!

Always feel free to contact me here or send me an email:

seldom@azflyfishing.net

If you have not already, please sign up for our Newsletter and make us a friend on Facebook

Thanks for the memories, lets make some more.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Squirt The Dirt

I'm looking forward to some AZFF GREAT trips this year.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:52 PM

I went in late on Saturday to look for a few things, but mainly to say goodbye and thanks to those in the store. I, like many others, have very fond memories of the store and those who worked there. I bought my first float tube there in 1992. I got a pretty good deal on my pontoon there. The advice and other tidbits that were given to me were nearly all spot on with the occassional miss here and there. Those that worked the store were always friendly and helpful. I will miss that, but I am still very thankful for them and what they did. I truly hope that the new direction that AZFF has taken will be a hugely successful.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:05 PM

You know your going to have to do more then shut the doors to get rid of some of us Mike.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:20 PM
CHIEF

Send a message via ICQ to CHIEF
The shop on Baseline and Mill will always stay on my mind as one of the best shop around. I have been in many fly shops in the southwest but this means your at home and there is nothing better then being at home.

CHIEF
Old 02-09-2010, 11:52 PM
OLD FART

Now that you are gone, can you have the lot bulldozed and returned to the great dove hunting field that it was in the late 60's? Dub will understand this. I was priveledged to be in your shop only once a year for the past 3 years and greatly appreciate the help I received. I can only assume that this type of service was provided to all your customers and will be missed. You were a class act and should do very well in the future, considering how you conducted business in the past. I wish you the best of luck. I will be down in 2 weeks. Keep the sun up.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:03 AM
Bigfoot Lives

We will see you when you get down...you should check out some of the Colorado River Lakes this year Bill. That is where we are spending most of our time. Give me a call, I will get out with you for a couple days this year.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Random Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driwash View Post
I'm looking forward to some AZFF GREAT trips this year.
Amen

We will be in for the family trip this year, too!

TBone
Old 02-10-2010, 11:39 PM

I just got my trips list (thanks Kevin) I needed a napkin after reading all the options! Hopefully will get a few days off to take advantage of them, I really miss getting to call you guys up