Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > General Discussion

Old 02-09-2008, 12:28 PM

Exclamation Change of Administration

Over the past several days, I have spent a few hours browsing through the Gallery and reading some old threads. We have covered a lot of ground over the past two years. Surely as we get on down the road of life, these times will be reflected upon fondly.

We have shared volumes of great information online – over 35,000 posts! It has certainly made us better anglers.

We have also shared over 700 reports from the water to whet the appetite and satisfy vicariousness.

On grand occasions, we have gathered to commune while fishing, tying flies, swapping stories, and sharing food.

We have shared ourselves in these ways and built relationships. This is what I value the most. The time we have spent together on the board, on the water, and around the campfire is for keeps. Thank you for your friendship.

At this time, I am beginning a new business adventure which will require a substantial investment of time. Since I will not be leaving my day job and am unwilling to diminish my roles as a husband and father, I will be stepping down as administrator of this forum in order to accommodate the new endeavor.

The following moderators will also be stepping down with me. Please take a moment to express thanks for their service:
  • Dub - Although John is a relative newcomer as a moderator here, he has added much. This bass on the fly stuff is beginning to heat up and it is in no small way attributable to him. Thanks John.
  • Green Weenie – Chuck thanks for all of your help, especially in the early days. Let’s hit the water soon.
  • Kevin Krai - What can you say about Bigfoot? He is a fishing machine! Kevin's fishing reports are the stuff legends are made of. His body of work here stands alone. Thanks Kevin.
Although we are leaving the staff of this forum, we are NOT leaving the community. All of us plan to remain active and contributing members here.

I personally promise to be of any service requested to support this forum other than the day to day operations.

I must thank you all for your participation. You have been and will continue to be a fun and informative community.

AZFAT is in good hands.

Buddy Sanders, Fshfanatic, SJDrifli, and TRTopping have agreed remain on the moderation team. Thank you so much and keep up the good work.

Effective immediately, Dana Parmelee will assume the role of administrator of AZFAT.

I doubt there could be a smoother transition. Dana was asked to moderate before the initial software load. He knows and understands the people and culture of our community. His level head and cool demeanor are perfect not only to carry on the tradition, but to lead us into the future.

Let’s continue to share. Pass it on, pay it forward.

Please join me in pledging support for our new administrator.

Dana - you da man!
Old 02-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Thanks Seldomseen

Thank you again Mike… for everything you have done.

We have established a great community and will continue on as we have in the past; to maintain a non-hostile, classy atmosphere to discuss fly fishing in AZ… A place for people to maintain existing, and build new relationships with others of the common interest.

That was the goal when this site was created and it has been 100% successful. Thank you to all of the members.

While a few of you are stepping down as moderators with Mike, (John, Chuck and Kevin) I know you guys aren’t going anywhere. Your contributions have been key in making this site what it is and I look forward to them in the future. Kevin, the quality fish you have caught in the past couple years would satisfy me for ten. You guys rock!

As Mike stated… Buddy Sanders, Fshfanatic, SJDrifli and TRTopping have agreed to stay on as moderators.

Fishunter has agreed to come on board as an administrator also. Greg has been a member since the beginning and has attended most of our group functions. He assisted in the initial software testing of AZFAT. He is a computer guru and will help out tremendously. He happens to be a pretty darn good stick too… and he’s always the last one off the water. Welcome Greg!

We have a great moderation team. I figure there is over a hundred years combined experience on the water and over ten years of experience as moderators here on this site alone. I’m extremely confident in the abilities of our moderation staff.

I really can’t thank Mike enough. I truly value the time we have all spent together and the endless amounts of information I have learned.

I am a better fly fisherman because of this site… no question.

Hats off to Seldomseen. Let us all wish him luck in his new endeavors.

Cheers

Creeps and idiots cannot conceal themselves for long on a fishing trip.
~ John Gierach
Old 02-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Nymphmaster P

Mike, what can I say, it has been a great ride, thanks for all you have done for everyone that frequents this site. I know it has been a labor of love for you. You will be missed on the administrative side but know you will still be an active member. Good luck on your business endeavor!

Dana and Greg, I know this site will not skip a beat with you guys running it and I also know that it will keep much of the same flavor. I look forward to seeing where you take it in the next 2 years.

Thanks to everyone that has moderated in the past, present and future. Azflyandtie is in the HOUSE!! Rock on my brothers sisters!

RoughRider Guide Flies
www.roughriderguide.com
www.aztecanglers.com
www.aztecanglers.blogspot.com
Old 02-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Former Member

Two years ago, Seldom started something that has grown well beyond the influence and control of any individual. AZFAT has truly become a community.

As with any community, change is the only constant. It is not something we should fear nor regret, for change allows us to develop. I am excited for Seldom and his new venture. I wish him much success. I am grateful for the contributions of Chuck, Kevin and John which I am sure will be echoed a hundred times over. They are all masters of the sport. I look forward to the future with this evolving tribe of fisherman known as AZFAT.

Tight lines and keep those posts coming.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Banned

Simply put, you all will be sorely missed. Thank you so much for what you have accomplished and the best of luck to you all in future endeavors.

Welcome Dana and Greg!

Don
Old 02-09-2008, 05:01 PM

This site and group of people are amazing and I look forward to all that comes with it in the future. I plan a very lengthy support of this group and hope to learn all I can from the vast experince I have witnessed on this site. I can only hope to learn to catch them the way you all do, and enjoy all the fun that comes with it.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Nymphmaster P

T2F, it's all about putting your time in! Most of us are blessed having fished with people that are better than us, our mentors so to speak, we listen, watch, and pick their brains. At some point, someone is listening to you, watching you, and picking your brains, the Circle of Life! Hakuna Matata!

RoughRider Guide Flies
www.roughriderguide.com
www.aztecanglers.com
www.aztecanglers.blogspot.com
Old 02-09-2008, 07:32 PM

Mike, Kevin, Chuck and John. Good Luck with the business!
Dana, you da man.

Fishing season is upon us. Lets continue to fill this community with our stories, fly patterns, adventures, and lies.

Try not to poop when you cough!
Old 02-09-2008, 07:48 PM
t.craftsman f.k.a. shlitz

go fish.

and continue to wrock on.

great job and best wishes. I've enjyed every opportunity I've taken advantage of to meet some of you guys. I loved it every time.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:12 PM

I am a newcomer here...and in a short period of time have been able to glean much info that has made me a better fisherman. Thank you Mike for creating this venue and to everyone who helps make it great.
Dana, if there is anything I can do to help going forward please don't hesitate to ask.