Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > Colorado River News

Old 11-10-2016, 05:51 AM

Dutchman must be a liberal
Old 11-11-2016, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Skroob View Post
Maybe Donald JR will be made sec. of the interior.... Terry can take him fishing and have a chat about what that place means to all of us.
Both of Donald's sons are avid anglers. They have fished with Grant Hartman in Cabo for many years.

How about I throw my name in the hat for Secretary of the Interior? Damn, (or dam) THAT would be fun.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:52 PM

Terry, Just the fact that you can spell "Secretary of Interior" makes you much more informed than the current liberal elitists that are now running the country. You'd have my vote just on that alone. I'd bet that few, if any, of them have any real knowledge or concern about what happens at the local level when they spew out their liberal, politically correct and often times totally impractical, policies. i.e.-let's spend millions of dollars electroshocking thousands of fish down river from marble canyon, grind them into fish meal, and spread them on the reservation, even though the tribes did not want us to do that. Then spend millions more studying the effects, but never being able come to any sensible conclusions-sooo-let's just keep doing more studies (and spending more taxpayer money) so that we can pretend to be addressing the problem that they don't even understand in the first place.
I'm not so euphoric about the election to think that there will be any near term improvements in policy about such awesome places like the Ferry but at least the process has started and maybe we'll eventually see some common sense work its way back into the bureaucratic processes that so greatly impact all of our lives. So looking forward to January 20th.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:45 PM

Any word on the renewed interest in the Marble Canyon Dam?

I heard it falls under the Make the Grand Canyon Great Again program...
Old 11-12-2016, 09:07 PM

I would sure support the effort to "make Lees Ferry great again"!!!!! But it appears you think it's already "great enough," just like the rest of America.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:19 PM

In an effort to nip any further dissention I withdraw the 2nd part of that last statement. Regardless of our political beliefs, I suspect that virtually all of us would like to see Lees Ferry "be great again."
Old 11-23-2016, 11:15 AM
trout lovin' chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Fly Chef
I'm more concerned about the Republican movement to turn our public lands over to the states. States which have already shown an inclination to sell those lands to mining and oil interests who line their pockets.

Whether you agree with how things are managed now or not, at least we have public lands to fish and hunt.