Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > Tight Loops

Old 10-03-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Good Rev View Post
This is interesting, I mean if you're changing 180 degrees, you just turned around, so that back cast is now your forward cast. Or not a backcast at all...

But I'm with mharri, this thread is getting stupid. I think some people have the blues this week. The normal helpful, friendly tone has taken an edge the past few days. We all have preferences, our tastes differ, and the words we use might not share the exact definition as you. Whatever, lets just go fish and have fun and quit wasting time saying, "You did/said it wrong!"
But single spay cast is not really a backcast. It's a roll backcast. As long as my rod is 180 from the direction I am casting to at the end of the roll I can go just about anywhere. I guess the best thing I can say is to look up Single hand speycast.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:06 AM

There's an actual fly line that's clear and doesn't spook fish as it is harder to see for fish. A buddy of mine has it and when I tried it I did false casts over fish and they didn't spook most of the time.

I just false cast for accuracy, distance, dry a fly, regain control of a not so good cast, and a rhythm warm up.

Anyways I think the co making clear fly lines is Monic. There might be another but I don't know the name.

Great for bonefish also.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:28 PM

I have noticed a difference in not spooking fish once I switched to Rio's camo color'd lines. So I bet a clear line would have the same affect. Those bright lines are for the caster and not the fish for sure lol.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:22 PM

Teach a man to fish and he or she will develop a form of OCD that only other fisherpersons can understand.