Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > The Rave Party > Carpool

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-22-2012, 09:36 PM
CPTxKIRK's Avatar
CPTxKIRK CPTxKIRK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Mesa
Posts: 1,471
Send a message via Skype™ to CPTxKIRK
Lees Ferry -- Wed-Thurs or Thurs-Friday

So it's my birthday tomorrow OCT 23 and I want to go fishing, however there is a slight problem. This weekend my fiance will be Wedding Dress shopping and I will have to stay home for the duration of the weekend. So I can't plan some big extravagant weekend of fishing like I would do if she was home. So I have decided I would like to run up to Lee's Ferry for a quick hitter.

My idea is to run up either Wednesday morning, fish Wednesday, camp Wednesday night, fish Thursday, and be back to the valley by like 8'ish. Or the same plan for Thursday-Friday! I figured maybe someone would have a random hair that would make this trip worthwhile for them. I just was looking for a partner in crime for the quick hitter. If you're interested let me know, if nobody replies, i will finally come to the conclusion that I am a DB.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-22-2012, 10:00 PM
steraser's Avatar
steraser steraser is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 271
Ah, I'd love to go but, unfortunately, cannot. At least you got an early reply so you can avoid the DB conclusion ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-23-2012, 02:30 AM
lostdutchman's Avatar
lostdutchman lostdutchman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: tempe
Posts: 1,271
kirk.. call me in the morning.. i think i could be into this...or something else... i have thursday and friday off..
__________________
www.thedaggerzone.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-23-2012, 05:51 AM
Zor's Avatar
Zor Zor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 847
Rim trip. Leaving Wednesday mid/late morning. KC, take off Wednesday and come with us. Happy birthday Kirk! Breakfast on the way up is on me.
__________________
"I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you can see all kinds of things you can't see from the center."
-Kurt Vonnegut
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-23-2012, 06:50 AM
JasonJones JasonJones is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Surprise, AZ
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTxKIRK View Post
So it's my birthday tomorrow OCT 23 and I want to go fishing, however there is a slight problem. This weekend my fiance will be Wedding Dress shopping and I will have to stay home for the duration of the weekend. So I can't plan some big extravagant weekend of fishing like I would do if she was home. So I have decided I would like to run up to Lee's Ferry for a quick hitter.

....i will finally come to the conclusion that I am a DB.
Nobody else is going to give him **** over this?

She shops for a wedding dress and he's anchored to the homestead like a good little slave?

You're not a DB, you're just on the steady devolution to "husband"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-23-2012, 06:52 AM
Mr Blur's Avatar
Mr Blur Mr Blur is offline
t.craftsman f.k.a. shlitz
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,690
whoopsie! looks like I missed out.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-23-2012, 07:23 AM
Litespeed1 Litespeed1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tempe
Posts: 1,204
Kirk,

you're only a DB if you don't go up because no-one will join you. Go alone!
Just keep your tent zippered up as Skinwalkers don't know how to operate tent zippers.

Happy B-Day!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-23-2012, 08:07 PM
Zor's Avatar
Zor Zor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 847
Game on! This is gonna be a good trip for an overnite. We'll see if we get into any decent fish, it'll be interesting for sure. I picked up a topo map and the guy at the store said he caught multiple 16+ browns down there, but said they were skinny. I'm assuming he was using spinning gear, he made no mention of flies. When I asked if there was a caddis hatch there this time of year I got a confused look. It's about the same elevation as grapevine and I think one of the guys saw a bunch of stone flies. SAT, can you back me up on that? I can't remember for certain...
__________________
"I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you can see all kinds of things you can't see from the center."
-Kurt Vonnegut
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-24-2012, 07:11 AM
SAT's Avatar
SAT SAT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zor View Post
Game on! This is gonna be a good trip for an overnite. We'll see if we get into any decent fish, it'll be interesting for sure. I picked up a topo map and the guy at the store said he caught multiple 16+ browns down there, but said they were skinny. I'm assuming he was using spinning gear, he made no mention of flies. When I asked if there was a caddis hatch there this time of year I got a confused look. It's about the same elevation as grapevine and I think one of the guys saw a bunch of stone flies. SAT, can you back me up on that? I can't remember for certain...
Yep there were some stone flies at Grapevine. I'd say around size 16 from what I can remember...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-24-2012, 07:25 AM
Flygirl's Avatar
Flygirl Flygirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mesa Az
Posts: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJones View Post
Nobody else is going to give him **** over this?

She shops for a wedding dress and he's anchored to the homestead like a good little slave?

You're not a DB, you're just on the steady devolution to "husband"


I wouldn't let mine see mine ha ha ha, He had 2 jobs, fine me rail road tracks to take pictures at, and plan the honeymoon ha ha ha

Dude you're not a DB, I fish alone almost always ha ha ha
__________________
The water you touch in a river is the last of that which has passed, and the first of that which is coming, Thus it is with time.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Logos, Trademarks are property of their owners. Other content Copyright 2006-2015 azflyandtie.com . All Rights Reserved.