Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > General Discussion

Old 10-04-2008, 04:13 PM

Flytying At Tucson Meet Yourself

A quick reminder that a few of us will be in downtown Tucson, the courtyard of the Pima County Courthouse, next weekend, Saturday and Sunday afternoons (Oct. 11th, 12th), tying flys.

Anyone who can assist a kid or whomever comes along to tie a wooly bugger will be welcome. Tools, materials provided, it is a blast to help someone tie their first fly and take it home with them.

We have been doing this for the past two years, it is a lot of fun - pm me if you need more information.

Rod
Old 10-04-2008, 07:06 PM
CHIEF

Send a message via ICQ to CHIEF
Show them thread flies (midges) and they are some of the most productive flies on the market and easy to tie. I have a annual gathering of local employees here at work and show them casting and tiying lessons. That's cool you take time to show kids how to tie....

CHIEF

Last edited by CHIEF; 10-05-2008 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:00 AM

Thanks, Emerson, maybe I will bring some smaller hooks and have them tie some midges. I have a ton of lidded logo cups left over to hold the smaller flys.

Conehead wooly buggers, with several colors of chenille, marabou and hackle provide some variety and choice of the finished fly - simple, but spectacular results they are usually pretty happy with.