Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > The Rave Party > Juanuary 2011 - Jan. 14, 15, 16

Old 12-21-2010, 11:25 PM

San Juanuary - who is going?

Curious about who all is heading to NM for Juanuary this year. I'm sorry to hear that a few of the original crew won't be making the trip this year. It will be a stellar trip nonetheless. I'll be there early Friday morning with Cactus Mike and we will be ready to rock and roll. We'll be toting pontoons, good beer, and good food. Looking forward to meeting and fishing with you guys! It will be epic!
Old 12-27-2010, 09:17 AM

Ferris Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?
Old 12-27-2010, 10:48 AM
CHIEF

Send a message via ICQ to CHIEF
I will be there from Wednesday 1/12 t0 1/17..staying at Abe's cabin # 46 on the hill overlooking the river, mesa, and the valley below...

CHIEF
Old 12-27-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIEF View Post
I will be there from Wednesday 1/12 t0 1/17..staying at Abe's cabin # 46 on the hill overlooking the river, mesa, and the valley below...

CHIEF
Cool, I will definately stop by to meet you. Are you bringing a pontoon or just wading?
Old 12-27-2010, 11:34 AM

San Juan

I will be there with Chief, a gentleman of great generousity and tenacity, he still thinks he can teach me to fish!
Old 12-27-2010, 11:56 AM
CHIEF

Send a message via ICQ to CHIEF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayghost View Post
I will be there with Chief, a gentleman of great generousity and tenacity, he still thinks he can teach me to fish!
I know I have been out fished by you numerous times on the Juan....can't wait to head out are you going to meet me there or are we driving up togather.....hopefully togather...like to show the way through Cystal..let me know ASAP....

CHIEF
Old 12-27-2010, 09:00 PM

I still want to go, I still plan on going, but I just got hit with a big money stab at my wallet. I need a few days to see how it shakes out to really nail down my plans.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:01 AM

I'd love to swing it if I can, but it'll be a Friday-Saturday thing if I do. Gotta be to work at 8 AM Sunday for a North Carolina trip, so I'll miss the best part (the potluck!)...unless I can remain really sober...oh the sacrelidge. If I get to go, I'll probably stay at Abes near Chief to keep an eye on him! I'll definately have lots of Rush! Maybe we can drag the boat out for a float. Chief's got first dibs.

By the way, if anyone's interested, there's a 1995 Hyde on the ABQ Craigslist for 2500 bucks right now. Of course, we'd need pictures when you explained "honey, it followed me home....honest!" Don't know a thing about it, but I'd be willing to go give the thing a look over if anyone's interested and I'll tell you if it's a POS. Got THE most awesome boat and I'm NOT in the market for another one. Cool thing about drift boats is they don't really lose value like normal boats.

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/boa/2131025956.html

Here's a link to what Hyde's getting for their boats:

http://hydeoutdoors.com/wordpress/

Not sure what kind of "ores" it has...the New Mexico edjumakashun kills me! I like the front bench and would make a trade for my "stand alone" front seat with a little cash your way. Looking at the pics, it does have an under floor anchor system.

They're also rated for up to 10 HP and the trip I'm taking that weekend is gonna help pay for a 6 HP for my boat so I can chase 'eyes and bullfrogs this spring and summer. Got a call from Hyde and they said that's all I need, regardless of what the USCG rated the boat at.

If anyone's interested, let me know. I'd even haul it up for Juanuary and can put you in contact with someone for lessons. Provided it's in good shape, this is probably a good deal if anyone's interested. Don't know who's selling it and have no interest in the sale...just thought I'd pass along the info!

Last edited by Philthy; 12-28-2010 at 02:19 AM.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Is anybody going to use the Stone House reservation?
Old 12-29-2010, 03:23 PM
In dog beers, only had 1

Location: Arizona resident since January, 1985; former Missouri resident - b&r.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishunter View Post
Is anybody going to use the Stone House reservation?
C'mon. Let's get it done and have some fun.
So far, there seems to be about 5 folks going, 4 folks on the fence, and about 5 who said they cannot go.
Fishunter wants to know who wants the Stonehouse, and we need to nail that down.
We have a couple of folks bringing their pontoon boats, so if anyone wants to join in the flotilla fun, bring yours, too. It is a great way to fish the Juan. Chad and I plan to float a day and wade a day, at the very least.

If enough people sign up, we can have a great Saturday night potluck. But we'll need to know how many people to feed, so let us know.

Last edited by Cactus Mike; 01-03-2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: the other one isn't working...maybe this one will be better.