Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > The Trading Post > Sell, Buy, Trade, Give Away

Old 12-08-2013, 06:13 PM
In dog beers, only had 1

Location: Arizona resident since January, 1985; former Missouri resident - b&r.
Cleaning Out my Wife's Closet...

...while she is away working in Bismarck, N.D.

Okay, now she is in Des Moines, Iowa. And I still have the backpack. Sold the tent, still have the backpack.
I lowered the price to $40 (check the last entry) and still no one wants it? A man CAN use it you know. Its not like its pink or anything.

REALLY? Nobody will pay a measly $40 for this virgin beauty just waiting to hike the trails in Arizona with you? REALLY?

Okay then, just forget it. I will pay myself the $40 and get a backpack, too. Ha!
Next time you see this ad, it will have been removed from this thread. How about them apples, eh?
Just watch the trails for a handsome guy with a bitchin backpack. That is me.
Bless you all and tight lines!

or Sale – Never Used $100.00 (save 65% over retail)
---- Kelty Red Cloud Internal Frame Backpack ----

Recent review of this pack:
Good features:
This pack frame is large enough for a woman over 6’ tall to wear in comfort.
It is very roomy pack; enough space to pack for a 10-day trip.
Plenty of pockets;
It is very adjustable.

Objections:
Does not have two features of the current model:
No pocket for a hydration container
Top does not zip off to make a day pack
For the woman reviewing the pack, the waist belt needed to cinch up a little more.

Description:
Perfect for shorter trips and long weekends. This is an excellent entry-level internal frame pack that delivers rock solid performance. But large and light enough for longer trips by experienced backpackers. The large capacity allows ample packing room and gear compartmentalization.

Suspension Features:
* Twin alloy stays with slide adjustable suspension
* Curved shoulder straps with load lifter and sternum straps, plus triple web reinforcement
* Two-layer anatomical waistbelt and sculpted lumbar pad

Packing Features:
* Sleeping bag compartment with access zipper
* Dual water bottle pockets
* Four gear pockets and one top pocket
* Compression straps that double as lash points for extra gear
* A main compartment with zip-out divider
* Sleeping pad straps on bottom front also compress the bottom opening for easier zipping

Color: navy over black
Size: one adjustable size
Weight: 5 lbs. 7 oz.
Volume: 5040-5640 cubic inches

Puttin' it up here before going out to Craigslist. This is a great backpack. Grab it before Jan gets back...please!

Last edited by Cactus Mike; 03-13-2015 at 10:17 PM. Reason: adding new information relevent to buyers
Old 12-09-2013, 06:17 PM

Mike,

There is a Red Cloud 80,90, and 110. Which is this one? Also is it a womens bag? If so it is only made in the 80. I already own the 110 and love it its just a bit big at times lol.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:15 PM

Sent you an email, please pm me with contact info. thx
Old 12-10-2013, 05:55 PM
In dog beers, only had 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojackc View Post
Mike,

There is a Red Cloud 80,90, and 110. Which is this one? Also is it a womens bag? If so it is only made in the 80. I already own the 110 and love it its just a bit big at times lol.
Jojackc,
there is no indication of model number on the backpack, so I could not say. I will search again or ask Jan tonight when she calls. Thanks for the response. You seem to a lot about a lot of stuff, JJC. I liked your insights on the Haigler fiasco. Did I ever mention to you that I started tying flies after Jan stopped? Not much good yet, but trying!

Old 12-10-2013, 05:57 PM
In dog beers, only had 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaele View Post
Sent you an email, please pm me with contact info. thx
Thank you, mikaele, message sent. Give me a call at your convenience.
Tonight would be best, however.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Mike View Post
Jojackc,
there is no indication of model number on the backpack, so I could not say. I will search again or ask Jan tonight when she calls. Thanks for the response. You seem to a lot about a lot of stuff, JJC. I liked your insights on the Haigler fiasco. Did I ever mention to you that I started tying flies after Jan stopped? Not much good yet, but trying!
You didn't, but then again I didn't know that Jan stopped lol. Good to hear the gear isn't going to waist. The number on the pack is usually embroidered next to where it says red cloud. Mabe they didn't do that on earlier models.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojackc View Post
You didn't, but then again I didn't know that Jan stopped lol. Good to hear the gear isn't going to waist. The number on the pack is usually embroidered next to where it says red cloud. Mabe they didn't do that on earlier models.

Yup, like this

Old 12-13-2013, 12:45 PM
In dog beers, only had 1

Some new info from an experienced (selective) backpacker:

Good features:
This pack frame is large enough for a woman over 6’ tall to wear in comfort.
It is very roomy pack; enough space to pack for a 10-day trip.
It has plenty of pockets, is comfortable, and it is very adjustable.

Objections:
It does not have a hydration pocket.
The top does not zip off to make a day pack

These objectioins may or may not be an issue for most hikers. No model name or number appears anywhere on this pack. C'est la vie.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:15 AM

The volume listed in the initial description would be closer to a 90 liter pack. I think Kelty used to use the cubic inches for model numbers rather than liters. I'm not a Kelty expert but Navy is not usually the choice that manufacturers go with for women specific packs. Also-Kelty makes solid packs but not sure that they dial in to women over 6' specifically so I am betting this is not a gender specific pack. Not sure where the description came from and I am only digging for clues FWIW.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:04 PM
In dog beers, only had 1

These have to move campers!

A Bump and SEVERE price reduction on stuff from my wife's (MsMerize's) closet:
Here is the backpack along with the user manual. It is a Kelty Red Cloud according to the manual. Also included is a Kelty Domolite 2 (2 person) tent that is also for sale. Both items were purchased in the late nineties, but never used. The tent has only been up twice!.
REI has confirmed the excellent quality of these items. No wear, no blemishes, and no sign of fabric drying out or other signs of age.
REDUCED:
Backpack $40; tent $65. Together $80 OBO on either/both.

SO, help me out and get some great gear at a great price.
Testamonials on the tent, the pack, and Kelty's amazing customer service available upon request. No joke, I mean it.

Last edited by Cactus Mike; 02-27-2014 at 01:36 PM. Reason: THESE HAVE TO MOVE