Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > The Trading Post > Sell, Buy, Trade, Give Away

Old 12-15-2013, 04:03 PM

Kelty makes great stuff. It's not always the leader of the pack in innovation or ultralite design, but it's bombproof and functional. Usability that will last a lifetime.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:55 PM

Ya that bag was made way before they started adding the size on the outside of the pack. I think they only made them in one size for men and one for women back then. O and you will need to change your listing to the tent has been set up only three times since you set it up to take the photo lol O and If I remember correctly I think that tent has the fiberglass poles. Makes it a bit heavyer 7-8Lbs but super strong.

Last edited by Jojackc; 12-18-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:09 PM
In dog beers, only had 1

Location: Arizona resident since January, 1985; former Missouri resident - b&r.
tent and pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojackc View Post
Ya that bag was made way before they started adding the size on the outside of the pack. I think they only made them in one size for men and one for women back then. O and you will need to change your listing to the tent has been set up only three times since you set it up to take the photo lol O and If I remember correctly I think that tent has the fiberglass poles. Makes it a bit heavyer 7-8Lbs but super strong.
That is funny! No, dude, twice INCLUDES THE PICTURE SET UP! Okay, maybe three, but that is all! You are right about the fiberglass poles and the lack of size listings on the packs. You really know your stuff. Maybe you ought to sell these for me.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Mike View Post
Maybe you ought to sell these for me.
These should really sel themselves.

If you are not an ultralight backpacker you should buy this stuff.

It's well made, well designed.

And it will last a lifetime.

That is all people need to know.

Really think about how you camp.

I know we all want to be super hikers that venture 20 miles on the bare necessities to fish a long hidden place, but the reality is that lot's of us are car campers of short hike campers.

This is the stuff that we should be looking at.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:30 PM
In dog beers, only had 1

OKAY, you are in charge of sales as of now! You may negotiate the price and take your percentage. At this point, I would just like to move them out of the closet and into the hands of someone who will use them. And thank you for your help!

Old 01-16-2014, 07:15 AM
Trockenfliegenfishen

Send a message via AIM to mikeyboyaz
so... neither are sold yet??
Old 01-20-2014, 01:31 AM
In dog beers, only had 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyboyaz View Post
so... neither are sold yet??
Yep, I cannot believe it either. I haven't even checked this thread for almost two weeks. As I am now adding more items from the garage, I intend to re-double my efforts on these to give MsMerize more room in her closet for shoes and such. They are in Craigslist and I have had some serious bites on the pack, but no takers. Am really serious about the "OBO" part. They need a good home. And I need to go back to sleep.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:17 PM
In dog beers, only had 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Mike View Post
Some new info from an experienced (selective) backpacker:

Good features:
This pack frame is large enough for a woman over 6’ tall to wear in comfort.
It is very roomy pack; enough space to pack for a 10-day trip.
It has plenty of pockets, is comfortable, and it is very adjustable.

Objections:
It does not have a hydration pocket.
The top does not zip off to make a day pack

These objectioins may or may not be an issue for most hikers. No model name or number appears anywhere on this pack. C'est la vie.

As long as there were some backpacks recently listed, I wanted everyone to know that I am still ready to move Jan's brand new, never used, Kelty Red Cloud. Can send more photos, if needed. Good pack, rock bottom bargain priced.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:25 PM
In dog beers, only had 1

Here is the backpack along with the user manual. It is a Kelty Red Cloud according to the manual.
REI has confirmed the excellent quality of these items. No wear, no blemishes, and no sign of fabric drying out or other signs of age.
REDUCED: Backpack $40.