Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > General Discussion

Old 05-14-2012, 04:07 PM
CHIEF

Send a message via ICQ to CHIEF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby View Post
What dry patterns do you fish, chief? I admitt that dry fly fishing is much more statisfying than wets, and I'll be sure to give it a dtry on this river. Will you be at that lake on the 6th of June? If not, do you want to meet up and fish? I would like to see this dry fly fishing in action, I am sure it is incredible if you know what you are doing.
I will have the patterns for you to use and plenty more if you break off any, you will be given more than enough to get you through the day. On June 6th I will be on the river not lake. We can fish if you want but understand that you will be left behind if you put on wets. Wets mean dredging a hole and dries means hunting for feeders which means moving around a lot and sometimes not. You will know what to look for from this day forward for the rest of your life...if you can stand fly fishing this way....

CHIEF

Last edited by CHIEF; 05-14-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Fly Fishing Addict

lol, I'm game for anything. Shoot, if you've got the flies, I'll leave the midges behind for that day. I'll bring what few dries I have, who knows, maybe one of them will be the ticket. My first day ever on the Juan I want to have someone around who knows what to look for so I can pick up on that.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:20 PM
CHIEF

Quote:
lol, I'm game for anything. Shoot, if you've got the flies, I'll leave the midges behind for that day. I'll bring what few dries I have, who knows, maybe one of them will be the ticket. My first day ever on the Juan I want to have someone around who knows what to look for so I can pick up on that.
I willl pm other dry fly patterns and sizes your will need and confidentiality agreement for your signature.....

CHIEF
Old 05-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Fly Fishing Addict

lol, I eon't spill the beans on any "secret" spots, Chief. Or on how you fish. I'm just hoping to catch some fish, big or small.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:26 PM
CHIEF

Quote:
lol, I eon't spill the beans on any "secret" spots, Chief. Or on how you fish. I'm just hoping to catch some fish, big or small.
I'm kidding it's all good....you will not be catching small fish...

CHIEF
Old 05-14-2012, 04:32 PM
Fly Fishing Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIEF View Post
I'm kidding it's all good....you will not be catching small fish...

CHIEF
I knew you were kidding me.

Not catching small fish hinges on me actually being good enough to catch fsih, lol.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:32 PM

San Juan for Newby

Newby you are a lucky dude.

You will learn more in one day than years on your own.

Good Luck
Old 05-14-2012, 04:41 PM
Fly Fishing Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinetopbob View Post
Newby you are a lucky dude.

You will learn more in one day than years on your own.

Good Luck
I always find it best to learn things the easy way .
Old 05-14-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIEF View Post
Well 17 days till the San Juan River trip which will take up the date from May 31 to June 10th, be head there on the road May 30. Looking forward to dry fly fishing all those dates mentioned. On my slowest day during the ramp down stage for trout has be 18 and the best days I have seen over 40+ trout to hand. So if anyone say wet fishing is better, do it but not me. When you have the chance to dry fly and have the numbers mention why would you wet, when wet fishing is a good percentage of what you do anyway. There is over 36 areas to dry fly in water not deeper than your knees, and in most cases skinnier. A 3WT rod is all you need, make sure fast action in case wind picks up. I will be fishing my brand new POWELL boo rod on this trip, as this rod is only for dry fly fishing as it will never cast a wet pattern. We will also be travel to Stone Lake for those big bows, hearing good stories. Might fish there 2 days but wil focus on the river. Stone lake is 1 hour east of the San Juan river on 64. Anyway going to be a good 10 days on the water. Meeting some fly guys there, so if you're going we will be at Abes #48 one the hill (3 units), come by and tie flie with me at night, cook steaks out at night, kick back, BS. Well wherever you go, have a good time on whatever water your on. Coldwater and Trout is my choice for life....never will I fish for another species, that just my role with trout...

CHIEF
Emerson, it will be good to fish with you again my friend. I'll pop in and say hi when I arrive on the 6th.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:52 AM

The Juan

Hey Chad I am joining Emerson on the Juan on the 6th or early 7th. It will be good to see you again and me, you and Emerson get to fish together again.

Emerson, I will be in contact about when I will arrive, you know I will fish anywhere you like, see you soon.

Grizz