Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > General Discussion

Old 10-26-2017, 10:35 AM

My name is Jim.

I grew up as an Army brat with much of my childhood happening around Texas. I lived in Germany (1946 to 1949 and 1956 to 1959) for six years as a dependent under my father and mother.

I done gradiated (as Jethro would say) from Killeen High School, Killeen Texas in 1963. I have a degree in human resources from Colorado Christian University.

I am retired military with service on active duty with the Army, (1965 - 1968), one year with the Colorado Army National Guard in 1985, eleven years with the Colorado Air National Guard and finally, I retired from the Air Force Reserve as a Senior Master Sergeant in 2003. I am also retired from federal civil service. Yes, that's right, I am a triple dipper so I would appreciate if all of you will be loyal Americans and pay your taxes to ensure my three paychecks arrive on time.

For forty years, I lived in the Denver metro area and fly fished much of the state from the day I moved there until I left for Gilbert last November. For seven years and until Lowry Air Force Base closed, I taught fly fishing through the Outdoor Recreation Department.

I have the distinction of being the only person in Colorado to hold a "catching" license and I may be the only person on the planet who accidentally spat on a president of the United States. Yes, that's true but George Herbert Walker Bush would probably not remember the situation.

My fly fishing success in Arizona has been terrible but not for the lack of experience but rather, from the lack of experience on Arizona water.

Last edited by Bucksnort; 10-26-2017 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:42 AM

My name is Jim.

I grew up as an Army brat with much of my childhood happening around Texas. I lived in Germany (1946 to 1949 and 1956 to 1959) for six years as a dependent under my father and mother.

I done gradiated (as Jethro would say) from Killeen High School, Killeen Texas in 1963. I have a degree in human resources from Colorado Christian University.

I am retired military with service on active duty with the Army, (1965 - 1968), one year with the Colorado Army National Guard in 1985 then eleven years with the Colorado Air National Guard and final, I retired from the Air Force Reserve as a Senior Master Sergeant in 2003. I am also retired from federal civil service. Yes, that's right, I am a triple dipper so I would appreciate if all of you will be loyal Americans and pay your taxes to ensure my three paychecks arrive on time.

For forty years, I lived in the Denver metro area and fly fished much of the state from the day I moved there until I left for Gilbert last November. For seven years and until Lowry Air Force Base closed, I taught fly fishing through the Outdoor Recreation Department.

I have the distinction of being the only person in Colorado to hold a "catching" license and I may be the only person on the planet who accidentally spat on a president of the United States. Yes, that's true but George Herbert Walker Bush would probably not remember the situation.

My fly fishing success in Arizona has been terrible but not for the lack of experience.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:43 AM

Green Weenie,

Quit complaining. I graduated from high school six years before you.