Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > Juanuary 2016 - Jan 16,17,18

Old 12-23-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLikeFlyFish-FlyFishGood View Post
Considering taking some HotHands heat packs. One of those in a glove can make a huge difference with wet/cold fingertips. Perhaps, more importantly, for those guys that get cold feet/legs they make a foot version with a little stick'em... I've used one below my toes AND one on top of toes and that can be a game changer.
Used these in my boots last year at Lees Ferry first week of January (had to walk through snow to get to the water) and worked fantastic!
Old 12-23-2015, 09:20 AM

I've even put heat packs in my pants pockets inside my waders and I think that helps keep me toasty too.
Old 12-26-2015, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Blur View Post
you need fleece pants between GOOD lj's and waders..and jimmy? that's why I said spare gloves.
Ya but if you catch as many fish as I do on a trip your going to need a backpack just to carry spare gloves.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:35 PM

Patagonia thermal weight base layer pants and top. fleece over that and wool socks with sock liners. Columbia bugaboo infrared over that all and balaclava. No gloves because they are always wet. Hot hands or what ever hot packs you like... in socks and pockets.

i get cold as ****... and i quit because of it.. so anything people can add... and whisky is a staple on the river... so a good flask is a must.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:45 PM

My favorite cold weather gear is anything insulated with PrimaLoft. It's light, it's packable and most important: it retains around 90% of its insulating value when wet.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lando View Post
My favorite cold weather gear is anything insulated with PrimaLoft. It's light, it's packable and most important: it retains around 90% of its insulating value when wet.
Good to know. My new Simms jacket has primaloft.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:07 PM
CHIEF

Send a message via ICQ to CHIEF
Bigger then normal size wading boots and wicking socks and 2 thick heavy pair of wool socks, polar fleece 100 and 200 if it get real cold....layer on top and good vest and shell and you will be good...
Old 01-04-2016, 05:59 PM
CHIEF

Send a message via ICQ to CHIEF
Weather

Keep a eye on the weather at Navajo dam, this will help you plan what to pack. Pack for the worse if you see storm cell coming in... E
Old 01-04-2016, 09:51 PM

Checked yesterday and it was saying high of 46 low of 16. Looks like there might be rain on Sunday.