Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > The Fly Box > Weekly Fly Tying Contest

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 08:35 PM

Fly Tying Contest Rules

Weekly tying contest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK guys & gals we are going to try something new. On Wednesday evening at 7:00 pm I will start a thread and announce this weeks pattern. The rules are as follows:

Rules.
1. Wednesday nights at 7:00 pm
2. 2 hours to tie and post pictures (9:00 pm)
3. No sign up, just check to see what the pattern is and post before 9:00 pm. Anybody who wishes may participate.
4. 2 pictures must be taken of the fly. The first picture is just a quick picture during the tying process. Second picture is the finished product
5. You can tie as many flies as you like in the 2 hour time limit, but only post 1 finished fly to be voted on.
6. Voting is done for a 24 hour period and can be done by anyone. That means at 9:00pm on Thursday night we crown a winner.

(Adapted from; http://www.southeastflyfishingforum....es-t22190.html )

The weekly winner gains nothing more than the respect of his/her peers and is in the running for the monthly prize. The last Thursday of the month I will start a voting thread for all of the weekly winners. The winner of that vote will recieve a prize, possibly an AZFAT pin or hat or something of that nature. Voting is open to all members. Remember you are being judged not only for your fly but how well you photograph it. A great tie won't look great without good photography.

My hope for this is that we all are able to become better fly tiers through friendly competition.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:04 AM

New rule. In the event that I win the weekly contest the second place tie for that week will take my place in the monthly vote.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Founding Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smith View Post
New rule. In the event that I win the weekly contest the second place tie for that week will take my place in the monthly vote.
Why? I dont think that is right. If you win, you should have a shot at the monthly as well.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:02 AM

I pick the fly so I have an advantage. Besides it falls under the employees not eligible to win type thing.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Nymphmaster P

You are a good man Josh!!!

RoughRider Guide Flies
www.roughriderguide.com
www.aztecanglers.com
www.aztecanglers.blogspot.com
Old 12-10-2008, 09:18 PM

Ok so clearly I neglected to include the specifics of what should be included in a contest entry. I mentioned two photos, a during and a complete. ALSO include a materials list/recipe. This will be strictly enforced beginning with week 1 2009. Contest 2009 will be Tuesdays at 6:30 - 8:30

Last edited by Mr.Smith; 01-28-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Closed Thread