Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > General Discussion

Old 09-27-2017, 01:53 PM

I dig that movie.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:04 PM

All that energy from the rod to the line unfurling across the river.
No wasted energy on that roll cast.

Cool.

What a freaking nerd I am...........

In my opinion the fish would be a bit further below that boiler. Back to where the two sides of the water meet again after being split by the rock. Too close to that rock is too turbulent for fish.....I would have cast to the side of the rock and let the water take it to where the two come together.

NERD.

Last edited by Litespeed1; 09-27-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:26 PM

You are a nerd Jim. Haha! But so am I... My wife would say so for sure!
Old 09-28-2017, 08:49 AM

Great movie and a nice tribute! Watched the movie for probably the 6th time just a few weeks ago as a matter of fact.

Years ago here in Charlotte, NC Jason Borger was at The Fly Fishing Show. I signed my wife up for a casting lesson. She loved it!! Jason is a class act and a multi-talented and generous person.

At that same time our local TU chapter was campaigning to get the State of NC to create a special Wild Brook Trout license plate. He stopped by our Chapter's booth and I asked Jason if he'd donate a work of art as a promo eye-catcher for our web site to drum-up the necessary petition signatures. He agreed and sent us a special colored pencil work he did just for us. Very unique work. No charge, and he was glad to do it. The image on the plate is not his though. I have the utmost respect for that fellow. We got our plate and I have one on my car.

I thought about getting some interest drummed-up for a trout plate when we were still living in Arizona but never got around to it. I still carry a little slice of Arizona with me on my car though!

Still miss Arizona!

¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((º>

Last edited by DrLogik; 09-30-2017 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:40 PM

Is it just me, or did the crowds increase exponentially after that movie, as well as the price of gear?
Old 09-29-2017, 08:19 PM

KellyC,

It isn't just you. After the movie, the yups went bananas over equipment and the crowds went off the chart too as well as prices.

Before the movie, I could go to Deckers and fish the South Platte in the middle of the week and practically have my favorite runs to myself but after the movie, I had to take my own rock to stand on. I've been to Deckers so many times, I could drive it backwards and blind folded from my house in Littleton but because of the number of anglers, whirling disease and the Hayman fire, I quit fishing Deckers and concentrated on Elevenmile Canyon.

The crowd situation was a little better there and whirling disease hadn't destroyed the fishery as much as it did at Deckers and because it is upstream from the effects of the fire, that wasn't a factor. It is twice the distance as Deckers.