Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > General Discussion

Old 01-16-2017, 08:16 AM
Nymphmaster P

Welcome nplenzick, I have lived in Cottonwood for over 6 years now and still have not fished the Verde. I hear there are some sections in the area that hold some fish but have not explored at all. Most of the waters I fish are in the two hour range from here. I fish Oak on occasion but know I need to fish it more since it is so close. Let me know when you are moved to the area and I would be happy to show you some water to fish.

Paul

RoughRider Guide Flies
www.roughriderguide.com
www.aztecanglers.com
www.aztecanglers.blogspot.com
Old 01-20-2017, 01:36 PM

Thanks Paul!
Old 02-03-2017, 10:11 AM

Hello, everybody! My name is Travis. Just moved back to the heat in December. I was in Logan Utah for the last 6 years playing football and completing both a bachelors and masters. While I was up in Logan I was able to take full advantage of the rivers near me. I was 3 hours from the Snake, 2 hours from Provo River and only a 5-minute walk to the Logan River. I do miss the outdoors being so close but I knew there was more opportunity here in the valley and that I would be closer to family (I'm originally from AZ). Glad to join the forum and I have already used this as a resource to plan my trip the Ferry.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:06 PM

Hi Everyone. Seattle transplant now living in Las Vegas. Been throwing and tying flies since I was about 12. Would spend at least a month in B.C. fishing for the impressive fish they have up there. My in-laws lived in Hawaii, so I would get out to walk the flats Bonefish in the flats as much as I could. Not much water down here, but the heat sure feels good on my shoulder and knees. Golf has filled a lot of the void when I can't fish, but do get up to the N.W. every so often. Learning the waters down here, and to this point call Lees Ferry my home water. Not fond of small creeks and streams but will fish them when I have to. Favorite flies to fish would be Mayfly and Chironomid patterns.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:00 AM

Hello all,
I'm Dennis and my wife and I have lived near Show Low for about 4 years, hailing originally from MT and WY. We spend a lot of time outdoors Jeep camping, bike and backpacking and river tripping the SW rivers by cataraft and whitewater canoe. We private trip the Grand Canyon and San Juan almost year and enjoy backpacking those area's as well.

I fish the White Mountains and Rim pretty regularly and our 16' cataraft frame is set up for drift fishing and we like to fish the Juan a couple, three times a year.

The collective, local knowledge has helped us out a lot with our AZ adventure :- )
Old 03-23-2017, 12:11 PM

Welcome!
Old 08-23-2017, 09:53 AM

Honest Abe

Hi- My name is David Abelson. I was born in Phoenix almost 70 years ago! My passion for trout fishing began in 1955, when my family rented a place at Junipine Cabins in Oak Creek Canyon. The owner, Tommy Anderson, taught me how to use small hooks, light leaders & REAL salmon eggs (Atlas Brand-Chinook) to catch my first rainbow trout in the cold, clear waters of Oak Creek.

Now, over 60 years later, I've fished all over the western U.S. and practiced Environmental Law my entire career, all because of catching my first trout near Junipine Cabins in 1955.

I decided to join this board because another member, "Trapper," recently reported an almost identical experience of being taught how to trout fish in Oak Creek Canyon, by Tommy Anderson the owner of Junipine Cabins. His post (Chevlon Canyon thread, 5-31-17) brought back so many memories that I decided to become a member. David
Old 08-24-2017, 05:09 AM
Administrator

Welcome...