Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > The Rave Party > Hawley Lake Camp June 8,9,10 2007

Old 06-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Curtis Loew

What an awesome trip. One thing that really impressed me was how fellow fly fishers were willing to share information, equipment, flies, whatever may have been needed for an enjoyable trip.

Personally, I caught my first apache (18") and my biggest brown (18") in addition to several other healthy, fat fish.

Here is Hooked's 24" apache in the net.

Brandon's first trout on a dry that he tied, really sweet!

Brent and some fat crawdads, and yes they tasted good.

My 18" brown

Special thanks to Seldom and his wife. It was a great weekend.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Curtis Loew

A few more photos...

Let's eat!!!

Sing around the campfire.

WHAT? ANOTHER BIGFOOT SIGHTING?
Old 06-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Pass the Rum, Mon

Great Pictures'Reports

Sounds like a great time was had by all. Eric's Apache was awsome! Wish i could have made the trip up to the Rezz, but I have two neices visiting from CO and AR. Maybe next year.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Convert

What an awesome fish. Sounds like we missed out (those of us who did not make it). Congrats!
Old 06-10-2007, 11:02 PM
CHIEF

Send a message via ICQ to CHIEF
Eric,

Way to go on landing that big-un. I had the chance to fish at Earl Park on Sunday at noon on a photo shoot and those fish crusing the shoreline were hitting tiny flies with a vengenance. I met Nathan (Blue Ridge Senior, Class of 2007) and he was just nailing them left and right. Nathan has been a die-hard at Carnero and its nice to see him take off and land fish in size and numbers. I told him I would be back after the photo shoot and it will be at 1:00pm and this I did. We when back out to the back inlet and had some fine fishing with a deep rig using midges. Thanks for that time Nathan, he ask so many question on fly fishing everything from tippet to thread flies, asking all the right question. We will start tying flies togather by his request, needs to tighten up some wraps but his flies are looking very good and inviting to my eyes, starting to look like a guide box.....Glad eveyone had a good time and once again Eric, good catch on the record fish but over 5 lbs is a very heavy fish......
Oh, during fish camp seen with my very eyes a Apache Trout that was a shy 28 inches and 7-8 lbs landed by Brian, a Las Vegas General Contractor who comes down every year with fifteen dudes and fly fishes with five on my best friends, told him he should let it go so I can catch it and he did to my surprise, great fisherman. I think this fish will be caught again this summer and that person will keep it for the record books.

taike care,

CHIEF

Last edited by CHIEF; 06-10-2007 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:50 AM

We had a great time! Thanks for putting it together Mike! The fishing was a bit tough at Hawley and I wasn't able to get my son into any, but he certainly didn't want to give up. Sunday was nice and we were able to take the canoe out for a few hours. It was great meeting everyone and I'm looking forward to the next time.

Thanks again!

Kevin
Old 06-11-2007, 08:58 AM

It is great to hear you guys had such a good time over at Earl Park. What a fish Eric....nice job!

Those fish at Earl Park are some of the healthiest trout I have seen in the Whites.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Bigfoot Lives

Sounds like a great time, some really nice fish.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:08 AM

Looks like another great AZF&T outting!! Good to see those good Earl Park reports keep coming ...I haven't fished it the last few years during my fall trip but I'm thinking it's going to be a "must do" this year.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:03 AM

Had a school to attend to, but managed to stop by Hawley on Friday evening, meet a few of you and say hello.
Some beautiful fish, for sure and you must all have had a nice time.
The X-Diamond was slow, but some nice fish. Caught one 18-19" brown out of the little pond on a sinking epoxy ant - will never be without one of those in the future.
Otis from AZ Flycasters fished along with us and guided one of the young brothers in the class to three nice trout - good kharma for him, that young man will never forget it. I appreciate it, that's what some club guys are all about and he is one of the best, in my book.
Again, nice to meet you, Mike, great job all alround on this board.