Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > The Rave Party > Hawley Lake Camp June 8,9,10 2007

Old 06-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Fisherman

Hawley!!!!

What a great time!!! Thanks to MIKE(Seldomseen) for putting all that together. To everyone who showed up I had a great time and I enjoyed everyone's company very much. Nice to see old fishing buddys again and make new ones. The pot luck was Awesome as usual, I had to make 4 trips to try eveything. Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!
We fished both Hawley and Earl Park. Earl park was very good to us. Especially Eric!! Wait to you see The monster he landed. Pics to follow. What a fish, 28" Apache. No ship.. We landed several fish in the 3-4lb 18"-22" range. Not a lot 10 or so. The Apaches are cruising in pods along the shoreline. Very aggressive.
At Hawley fishing was difficult, The wind was blowing fairly hard, but we landed a few.
Pics to follow.. Thanks to all who showed up for the wonderful time. Cant wait for the next one.
TONY..
Old 06-10-2007, 03:22 PM
"ALL IN"

Talking

Great time, great weekend! It's always nice to see everyone and meet new people. The potluck was awesome and ajdtiger's brisket stole the show again.
Fished Earl Park mostly, and caught some nice fish. I love that lake, the fish are very active and healthy there. Used a black zebra midge with a miracle midge about 8" behind it and fished deep. For me it was quality over quantity this trip, didn't catch a whole lot of fish but nothing was under 14". Hooked into a monster apache by sight fishing along the shore by the launch ramp. She ran off and took me to my backing, it was awesome!! I think she was about 24" - 26", but I'm not sure. My net measures 28" across and she filled it up. Jay has a pic of her in my net hopefully he will post it.
Again thanks Seldom and everyone, had a great time!!

Last edited by HOOKED; 06-10-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Fly Fishing Addict

what a pig!
Old 06-10-2007, 04:15 PM

Thats a great fish. Good work!
Old 06-10-2007, 04:19 PM

What an awesome Trip!!! Thanks Seldom for hosting it. It's nice to put faces with names and it really was a pleasure to meet everyone. Eric that fish was a PIG!...and Tony thanks again for helping me out with all the info you shared . Jay the Cigar was awesome and congrats again on that nice Brown & Apache. Can't wait for the next trip!
Old 06-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Nymphmaster P

Sorry I missed it, but momma needed a new pair of shoes. Eric, you are turning into quite the fly guy, way to go on that monster of an Apache! Glad you all had a great time. Maybe next year.

RoughRider Guide Flies
www.roughriderguide.com
www.aztecanglers.com
www.aztecanglers.blogspot.com
Old 06-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Curtis Loew

Great friends, great fishin', great food.

What else can I say? It was good to finally meet all of you. I will get pictures posted and sent to those promised when I have more time. Right now it's date night with my wife of 24 years!
Old 06-10-2007, 05:54 PM

Wow, that thing was probably the world record!! According to AZGF website, current record is 5lb 15.5oz, and 24". Looks like you all had a great time, can't wait to see more pics.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:18 PM
The Young Gun

Send a message via AIM to Bigfishjr.
What a blast.
I didn't catch anything close to that. Did catch my first brown ( about 3 inches ) and my first apache. The Brisket was AWESOME! Thanks Tony for that treat. Thanks Mike for the awesome trip. Loved all the stories and crazy tales about fishing and 'jeeping'. Ill be there next time.

Urban Bros Productions
Old 06-10-2007, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOKED View Post
Hooked into a monster apache by sight fishing along the shore by the launch ramp. She ran off and took me to my backing, it was awesome!! I think she was about 24" - 26", but I'm not sure. My net measures 28" across and she filled it up.
State record:
Trout, Apache** 5 lb. 15.5 oz. 24.0 in., Hurricane Lake***
Lyle Hemphill, Lakeside 6/10/93

State Catch and Release record
Trout, Apache 20 in., Christmas Tree Lake***
Cameron Frieh, Phoenix 7/3/06

I think you may have them beat. Congrats the great catch.