Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > General Discussion

Old 04-24-2009, 07:05 PM
Junkie

I just found this thread, as I've been away from this forum for quite a while.

I think these efforts to diversify the angling opportunities are awesome!

please keep us informed of the progress, and although it may be premature at the moment, "how do I join the society?' springs to mind instantly.

Thank you very much for the information and effort to date. Your contributions to this wonderful sport will be long appreciated.

If there is any way I can help let me know.

Jeff
Old 05-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Wish'n I was Fish'n

I'm in! What can the rest of us do to help this thing along?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:20 PM

It's sounds like we may all finally be on the same page, yeah!, I'm a AZ native(48 years)and have been fly fishing for 38 yr., I have watched first hand the downhill slide of the WM fisheries. Please tell me what, when and where, and I will do my part in this effort to help it succeed.

Please advise,
Brandon McDermott
Old 06-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Founding Member

Hey Brando

Hey Brando.....the project is moving along. Paperwork is being finalized for the 5013C organization. Once that is filed and accepted we can start collecting funds to help AZG&F and the WMAT proceed with thier plans to better the lakes. Slow process but I have had great acceptance by everyone including TU, FFF and the various trout clubs around the state. So it should be a very good workable organization once we get it rolling. You are on the list...I'll keep you informed.
Hope to see you on the water.

dub
John Rohmer
Old 06-19-2009, 11:56 PM

I just joined az fly and tie. So what lake are you guys going to focus on for trophy lake potential. I would say Crescent Lake, Lee Valley Lake, Luna Lake, Sunrise Lake (because it's huge compared to others), Carnero Lake, River Reservoir, Hawley Lake ( think thats on the reservation though.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkckak View Post
I just joined az fly and tie. So what lake are you guys going to focus on for trophy lake potential. I would say Crescent Lake, Lee Valley Lake, Luna Lake, Sunrise Lake (because it's huge compared to others), Carnero Lake, River Reservoir, Hawley Lake ( think thats on the reservation though.
GK,
With current ideas, I think G&F is looking at ways to improve water conditions at Crescent(reduce winter/summer kills), and inprove the regs at becker. Lee valley also might be looked into I don't recall off the top of my head. The Rez lakes will not likely be included as the group is working with AZ G&F. Dub has the most up to date info on the progress...
Hope this helps
Old 09-05-2009, 02:33 PM

Is the WMLF up and running?
Old 12-07-2009, 10:22 PM

Just a thought but has anyone given any thought to a windmill as a possible source to add oxygen to the water as a means of improving water quality?
Old 12-07-2009, 10:32 PM
CHIEF

Send a message via ICQ to CHIEF
WM Fisheries not Tribal waters are on down slide......I have caught more and better fish on the REZZZ this year for rainbows and esp. browns. The state lakes do need the help though, that's what good about his group......keep it up and good luck in whatever you can do for the state....

CHIEF
Old 12-07-2009, 11:37 PM
OLD FART

Actually, you are on the right track but don't know it. Many years ago we were able to get Frank Moore appointed to the Oregon Fish and Game Commission under Governor Tom McCall. We also had an attorney in Salem, Dan Callaghan, who had the connections and could pull some strings. We still have 33 miles of the North Umpqua designated as fly fishing only, and to this date nobody has the balls to challenge this regulation. Frank is now the "ambassador" for the Umpqua and his picture is in many magazines. Dan Passed away 3 years ago. Not sure if John is up to it but this is a start.