Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Bass on the Fly > General Bass Discussion

Old 03-09-2012, 05:53 PM

I want to try Pleasant this year for Stripers and/or white bass. If I'm tubing where are some suggested spots?
Old 03-09-2012, 06:14 PM

Castle creek has some good access and will have stripers and whites cruising around the trees once they turn on more.
The aqua fria river portion on the lake is really good in general. Especially if your willing to go in from the table mesa side. (I dont because of my boat) Just before they closed the river for the eagles this year, fish were so thick you could almost walk across them in the river channel.

Life is Hard, Fish Now!

Jon
Old 03-09-2012, 07:41 PM

Super Fly, if you are fishing with a guide, you should be set. Again, who did you book?
Old 03-10-2012, 05:37 AM

You should be Ok in castle creek. It is a wake-less zone. I have seen kayaks, canoes, and other small craft in there. The agua fria section is closed for nesting eagles. It has been closed since december 15th. I believe it will open in may or june. With the warmer temps the fishing should be picking up. Remember not all the Large Mouth spawn at the same time. I get out there usually one a week. People with anchovies are slaying fish down deep. Good luck out there.