Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > The Fly Box > Fly Swap Photos

Old 03-19-2013, 02:35 PM

ok Bugs I hope so but just want to get that out there.

Todd I know you lost dem flys shakin' yo wild thang at the spawning bass. I's expect-i-a-tin some dem massive bass pictures to be sportin da front page soon!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 02:49 PM
Flying Monkey

Didn't take any photos today. I didn't catch anything over 6 pounds and taking pics of bigger fish is really hard when you have to hold it behind your ear to get the thing in the frame. If I had caught something bigger, I would have tried to get a pic.
BTW, the fish are everywhere right now and they're willing to bite white flies. The water has cleared up too so you can fish the deeper beds with the big dark shadows wiggling around.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBug View Post
Not all of them need to be cut. Zor and I looked at his today when he picked them up and it's fine.
Yup, mine has plenty o' space compared to KC's. It's a super cool fly too, I think it might get shelved as a display model. I'm actually really stoked all of about these ties. They make mine look like a bit of a dud. To improve I've committed myself to a tying book and am going to go through it page by page and tie no less than a half dozen of each fly in the order that they are presented. It's 17 patterns, so I'll see you guys in a few months...
Old 03-19-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zor View Post
Yup, mine has plenty o' space compared to KC's. It's a super cool fly too, I think it might get shelved as a display model. I'm actually really stoked all of about these ties. They make mine look like a bit of a dud. To improve I've committed myself to a tying book and am going to go through it page by page and tie no less than a half dozen of each fly in the order that they are presented. It's 17 patterns, so I'll see you guys in a few months...
Sounds like fun man! I haven't tied in a while and am starting to get the itch again. When I do succeed in finding some spare time I've been working on building myself a new 7wt rod.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zor View Post
If you like the Juan buy Modern midges by Rick Takahashi and Jerry Hubka. Bighand turned me on to it and it is the most comprehensive midge book I have ever seen. In many circles it is considered the bible of midge books.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:41 AM
Flying Monkey

I have that book. It's like a candy catalogue.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:01 PM
Flying Monkey

Wild Willy Deceiver

I caught a few small bluefish on Wild Willy's swap fly. The wind was ripping and I was having a tough time throwing a big streamer into the waves so, I walked over to the bay and tied one of the smallest flies I brought which was the swap fly. Glad I had it with me! it held up better than my DHMs.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:07 PM

That was a nice fly.

Good trip?