Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > The Fly Box > Fly Swap Photos

Old 12-06-2012, 07:35 PM
will work for trout

super impressed with everyone's skills. cant wait to see them in action
Old 12-06-2012, 10:19 PM

wonderwing caddis ha ha sorry! Great flies excited to replicate and fish em!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:03 AM

Received my flies yesterday awesome bunch of flies. Thank you Mudbug for running the show.

Not As Lean Not As Mean But Still a Marine - Marine Your Best Friend Your Worst Enemy
Old 12-09-2012, 12:39 PM

They are made to catch fish, and they do very well at it, to the point that Charlie Meck even wrote an article about how it caught a Trout on every cast under the most difficult fishing conditions when nothing else would. It won worldwide competitition and ended up in both Rainys and Feathercraft catalogues and is selling well. The artwork is a picture of the caddis hooked in the lip of a big Trophy Trout (or Bass). No matter what pattern I design, when there is a picture of that kind of artwork, then I know I have done my job right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zor View Post
The pictures really don't do em justice. Alpinefly, you really went out of your way. I don't think I could bear to fish your flies. More like artwork.

Feel free to fish the ugly little bug I threw in, it fished well on the Animas and even better on the San Juan.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Fly Fishing Addict

I bet that caddis pupa would do really well on Canyon Creek. I can't wait until springtime for some good hatches to fish these caddis!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:04 PM

One of these days, when I have the time, I will finally sit down and tie just Artistic type insects, Antlantic Salmon Flies, Scottish Dee Flies, etc. to stick in Frames and Shadow boxes. I still am trying to convinse (sp) the Fly Catalogue powers that be (the one who determines what patterns should be put in the Catalogues to sell) that one of my patterns should be in there. This person feels that FLy Fishermen (and women) would think of this one pattern more as a novelty (what you call artistic) instead of a fish catching pattern (sadly this pattern has proved itself on the water). That pattern is the Virtual Horse Fly.
Sure, it looks very real (fishable realistic patterns are supposed to, so that the fish will believe it is the real thing, and eat the dang bug). I am certain, another company will pick up this pattern and put it in their catalogue. Who has not been out fishing, and swatting pesky Horse Flies. The fish are eating them at the same time (cause they are so common and readily available). The larger fish did not get big by being stupid. They have seen it all, so you have to design stuff that looks like the real thing most of the time. Ohhh well, even a well tied Bergman or Rube Cross, etc. ya just hate to fish and would ratherstick it in a frame. I personally just like that frame to be a large fish's lip !!! I am looking forward to fishing all of these Caddis patterns !!!