Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > General Discussion

Old 07-24-2012, 08:21 PM

Have you fished the Green Chief?
Old 07-24-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT View Post
Sounds fun! In November TimL and I will be at the San Juan for a few days. This will be my first time there so I'm realling looking forward to it!
Aww thanks Simon! I am looking forward to it too.
Cheif, Norty, all you guys, fall and cooler weather is getting here .... someday...everyone keep those upcoming trips close in mind and have a great time.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:39 PM
CHIEF

Send a message via ICQ to CHIEF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norty View Post
Have you fished the Green Chief?
yes, I have been to all the places i mentioned numerous times and some even more. i have been able to alway do good in section "a" with big dries in late fall...just take you time with dries and streamers...if you take your time section "a" can and will take all day long...good lunch halfway down...be bring our pontoons..

CHIEF

Last edited by CHIEF; 07-24-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:47 PM
CHIEF

We will be leaving Window Rock, Az late Sept/Oct...our truck will be packed with juniper wood from the rezzz and this will be burn on the green river and then off to the snake river on the eastside of the Tetons...Most likely fish the green for one full day and leave the next day to the snake river, need to be tourist in Jackson Hole too..just hang out for the day...find a nice lodge to kick back and rest our head...this will be our only time in a hotel...the cabin at henrys will be our home away from home...big cabin, fly tying room, recreation room, tube room, jacuzzzi for resting after a long day on the river...

CHIEF

Last edited by CHIEF; 07-24-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:58 PM

Heading to Idaho falls to pick up a boat and then to YNP, Hebgen and the Madison. Trying to hit quake lake and Henry's if time allows. Too much water up there to choose from.

Life is Hard, Fish Now!

Jon
Old 07-24-2012, 10:23 PM
Trout Bum In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIEF View Post
Anyone headed out in the Fall 2012 to some favorite spot far away. Virgil and I are going to head up late Sept/Oct to Green River, Ut, then head to Snake River, Jackson Hole, and then off to Yellowstone Park and fish in the park, then off to the cabin at Henry's Lake for most of our fishing, but will head up to $3.00 Bridge on the Madison River...fish the Henry's Fork too...all this in 2 weeks of Fall. This will be the first time Virgil will have travel to these waters..going to be a great trip....anyway whoevers planning a trip, may it be a good one....

CHIEF
I just got back from California and have nothing but time before school starts..

We should get out and fish
Old 07-24-2012, 10:31 PM
CHIEF

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdf1212 View Post
I just got back from California and have nothing but time before school starts..

We should get out and fish
Come up for the weekend, we are all camping here and there fishing streamers for big fish, water temps are going down at the high elevation lakes...big fish are Sunrise...

CHIEF
Old 07-25-2012, 06:23 AM

Fishing trip

Emerson, You know you are killing me with that trip, I would love to be with you and Virgil. I will be going to the Green sometime, maybe the fall and Lee's Ferry, and back to the Juan in September, on my birthday. Somewhere in there I hope we can get together. Be safe and have fun my friend.
Grizz
Old 07-25-2012, 07:13 AM
CHIEF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayghost View Post
Emerson, You know you are killing me with that trip, I would love to be with you and Virgil. I will be going to the Green sometime, maybe the fall and Lee's Ferry, and back to the Juan in September, on my birthday. Somewhere in there I hope we can get together. Be safe and have fun my friend.
Grizz
All those guide trips you won were hard to top, so I had to plan a full tour of my old annual haunts to mimic yours. The coolest thing is Virgil has never been north to fly fish and he is going to get one **** of a treat in the fishery and scenery. Come end of Sept/Oct.....

CHIEF
Old 07-25-2012, 09:36 AM

I thought so, sounds like a blast Chief. Take lots of pictures.