Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > The Rave Party > Juanuary 2008 - Jan 18,19,20

Old 11-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Bigfoot Lives

I usually get there a day early and leave on Sunday A.M. We will be driving up early Thursday morning this year instead of afternoon on Weds...
Old 11-19-2007, 03:13 PM
CHIEF

Send a message via ICQ to CHIEF
Be there the same time....

CHIEF
Old 11-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Krai View Post
I usually get there a day early and leave on Sunday A.M. We will be driving up early Thursday morning this year instead of afternoon on Weds...
Me too hopefully.

Juanuary! Juanuary! Juanuary!
Old 11-19-2007, 09:55 PM

I'm stoked ...finally get to meet you guys ...eat some great grub ...throw back a few cold ones...and oh yea ...do some fishing!!! In fact going to do some AWESOME fishing as somehow I lucked out and got Jude booked for a Saturday float trip.

Bringing a newbie with me (BILLB) ...a great fisherman but just hasn't been exposed to the fun of the long rod. He's also a Phoenix native that somehow escaped to Texas.

We are flying to Alb early Friday and driving up from there. Fishing Fri evening, Saturday floating with Jude, Sunday exploring some wading areas, fly home Monday.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:36 PM

Put me down as a possible.

If I make it I'll stay at The Inn in Farmington. Only about a 45 minute drive from the river and they have a great bar called the River Walk, where you can drink a river (if you're so inclined) and walk to your room. Anticipation of fishing makes the drive the next morning painless - not to mention the bottle of Jack in the glove box.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:42 PM

Sorry folks, but I'm a bit slow on the uptake (and a bit too fast with the trigger, if you know what I mean). Exactly what are the dates for this expedition?
Old 11-21-2007, 03:50 PM

" Juanuary 2008 - Jan 18,19,20"
Old 11-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Nymphmaster P

Dbltea, that is awesome you were able to book Jude, you are in for a treat! If anyone else is looking for a guide, get in touch with Jude. If he is not available, he has several awesome guides that work with him and they will do you well! If you need any help with arrangements, I would be more than happy to help get you set up as well.

RoughRider Guide Flies
www.roughriderguide.com
www.aztecanglers.com
www.aztecanglers.blogspot.com
Old 12-04-2007, 05:54 PM
aka twelvepoundlunker

To any of you who might stay at the campground (cottonwood) I just talked to the super today to get some info. They have about 17 spots w/power hookups and the water faucets there flow year round and don't freeze. If you have a camper or pop-up it shouldn't be too unbearable there. He also said you'll probably have the place to yourself that time of year. I think I'm going to haul my camper up this year. Any of you guys thinking of staying there?
Old 12-05-2007, 09:08 AM

Bummer... I'm out...

Hello all,

Unfortunatley work has forced me to be in Playa Del Carmen, MX during the planned Juan trip. The positive is that there are lots of baby tarpon, permit, jacks, and bonefish to keep me busy when the conference is not in session. Sorry I have to bail out and let me know if I owe anyone anything for a room. Have a blast!!!

Zach