Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > General Discussion

Old 03-14-2014, 08:14 AM

fishing posts

well i can see that this sight is not the place questions about anything i am shocked and very hurt over this i was just wondeing if anyone had any luck on these streams i do go fishing thank u nelly in the future i wont ask anything because i will just get a smart remark so i will just be quiet
Old 03-14-2014, 08:35 AM
t.craftsman f.k.a. shlitz

oh boy
Old 03-14-2014, 09:50 AM

Don't let it get to you. This is going to be an awesome weekend for fishing so get out and enjoy it.

By the way, has anyone been out fishing near the confluence of the Verde River and Gap Creek. If so how many fish did you catch and what were you using? I was thinking about going but I'm not going to waste my time if nobody else hasn't caught anything around that area in the last 2 weeks. (Now I am just giving you S*^% Flycaster)
Old 03-14-2014, 10:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
well i can see that this sight is not the place questions about anything i am shocked and very hurt over this i was just wondeing if anyone had any luck on these streams i do go fishing thank u nelly in the future i wont ask anything because i will just get a smart remark so i will just be quiet
My observations of this site:

1) There is a "member/social scale" here. Members who know everything, have fished everything, everywhere. They're easy to spot - they'll congregate on a thread of their liking and do the group ball washing thing - lavish undue praise upon one another. Ignore them.

2) There tends to be a focus on high-end fly fishing gear. Ignore it.

3) There's an exaggerated sense of how much great information is on this site. Lower your expectations and you'll occasionally find some useful info.

4) The most knowledgeable, interesting, and helpful members post the least. Search for their threads and posts.

Take this site for what it is - a nice diversion, an opportunity (now and then) to learn something. It is not the "end all / be all" source for Arizona fly fishing and it shouldn't be held to that impossible standard. It's one source - a source that should be taken with a grain of salt - of many that are out there.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:26 AM

I'm relativelly new to the site and fly fishing. Like the site, love flyfishing. I have had some exceptional feedback from some (Thanks!) and then, well, sometimes crickets or negativity. No big. IMHO and "don't take it personal" there is a little truth to all of the comments. Get out and wet a fly. Going on my first Salt trip tomorrow, stoked!
Old 03-14-2014, 10:34 AM
Flying Monkey

I wish I knew how to play a violin.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:41 AM

To me the greatest resource this site has given is the idea that you can connect with someone and fish with them. I have met some people on here that I consider friends that I otherwise wouldn't have met. I look forward to meeting more. After I have met someone and get to know them I have imparted information I wouldn't ever post as have they.

So if you have an interest in this awesome activity cool. Get to know some people and fish with them. Don't expect opinions on the fishing to be posted on a General Discussion forum for 5,000 fishermen to view or anywhere for that matter.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:58 AM

I heard some big trout were being caught near that confluence of Gap and the Verde.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
I heard some big trout were being caught near that confluence of Gap and the Verde.
Must be some of the big Gila's that were stocked years back moving down in to their native habitat. This is a true success story!
Old 03-14-2014, 11:57 AM
Banned

Major success.

20 inch Gila trout, just ask Joe.

Tags
1wtrodsareforpussies, fishingforinternetfriends, gilatroutareajoke