Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > General Discussion

Old 01-15-2018, 07:35 AM

6 month update

I thought I would give an update since I haven't written any reports since I signed up to the forum 6 months or so ago. Things are going good. I just about have my lil single wide at hidden shores Yuma, all moved into and fixed up just the way I want. Now its time to do a lil more fishin. Not that I haven't been fishin cuz I have, just not as much as I expected too. I have fished the backwaters in the immediate area near the Imperial Dam with decent success. nothing over a 3.5 lb. largemouth yet, mostly on poppers good fun. I have also been fishing the canals and Mittry lake with limited success but there is lots of potential. Starting to find the strippers in the canals up to 3 or so lbs. good sized strippers lots of fun on the fly rod. I have been fishing on my kayak and from shore but the spring is near and things are looking like I'm getting a boat again. best day of a boat owners life, so true. Hoping to get a new Crestliner V T 19 if it all works out. It still seems like a long ways away. I'm really looking forward to spending the next bunch of years of my life exploring the 87 or so miles of Colorado river between me and the next dam and the many lakes of Arizona. While sharing info and the adventure with you all. It should be fun. I retire in about 6 more years til then I'm a part time fishin fool :-)

Steve
Old 01-16-2018, 06:01 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the update Steve. Striped bass definitely put up a good fight. Got any pics to share?

Last edited by fishunter; 01-16-2018 at 06:08 AM.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:14 PM

No picture's. Very rarely take pictures anymore. I have a scrap book full of some incredible fishin adventures, does anyone ever look at them. Nope. I prefer to just leave the fish in the water only bringing it out of the water long enough for the dog to get a sniff.

Steve