Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > General Discussion

Old 04-10-2020, 08:57 AM

Fishing Trip in jeoperdy - Turkey hunt OK!

I have never been to Lee's Ferry...yet, and it has been approx. 15 years since I have done any hunting. Through a co-worker, I regained the interest in hunting and put in for Spring Turkey last fall and was rewarded with a tag for northern Arizona. My friend has had a yearly tradition of taking a week in May, to go up to Lee's Ferry campground and to fly fish for 3 days at the walk-in area. Then when the gate to the road is opened up (by May 15th) he heads up to the hunting area. This year we have planned together to make this fishing and hunting trip. However, now due to COVID-19 the Lee's Ferry campground is closed. I do believe the river is still open to fishing via day-use only, but being the lodges and rooms are closed as well it is not practical for us to try to fish it at this time. We are still planning on our hunting because we can still camp in open forest areas. We might try to fish Lee's Ferry on one day-use only on our way back on last day of hunt. Who knows, maybe things will be able to open up again by week of May 12th. It would sure be nice to get some experience fishing Lee's Ferry.