Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > Hall of Infamy

Old 03-23-2006, 05:47 PM
Former Member

Great post Chief. Let's hear another one once your fingers recover from typing this one.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:26 PM
CHIEF

Send a message via ICQ to CHIEF
Oh, yea. In 28 years of fishing the southwest this is just a tip of the ice berg inthe experiences I have had and the people I have met. I will think of another good or should I say weird time on a fly fishing trip.

CHIEF
Old 04-08-2006, 01:49 AM

(De-Lurking) Thanks for a great story, Chief. Parts of it reminded me of a week I spent camped on the South Fork of the Little Colorado locked in an ever-escalating battle of wits with the biggest racoon I've ever seen. Lucky for me he didn't care for coffee and never got into the ice chest with the guiness. I'll just swim back under my rock now.
Scott
Old 04-24-2007, 08:54 AM
Trout Worshiper

Great Story Chief!

Reminds me of other strange nights camping and fishing in the White Mnts. and elsewhere. Fiendish racoons Oh My! Reminds me of the pack of 'Rabid' Badgers that used to prowl Pacheta Lake late at night! You were OK as long as you didn't make eye contact! Anyone else recall seeing the Badger Warnings posted in the late 90's?

Woozyboy
Old 04-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Banned

racoons

crossed the verde below horshoe dam and came across a cooler on trail. jump out of truck to examine and find it is full of iced rib eyes, pacificos and a bottle of drambuie! maybe we will run into the poor guys and be able to return it. no luck! after a fantastic meal and way too much booze, we crash. oh yeah, we were unable (inebriated) to set up tent, so buddy sleeps in cab and i spread s/bag out in truck bed. nothing in life could have been better as i drifted off eating a jar of honey roasted peanuts watching the stars. nirvana? my next recollection is of total chaos, glowing red eyes, big weight on me, screaming, my bag being shredded, my face being slashed, etc,. pull .357 and blast away (lucky to still have feet). buddy wet himself in cab. no lion, turns out by tracks, it was 2 coons fighting over my open jar of peanuts. talk about freaked out, please! Always carry a weapon and keep it close.

Don
Old 04-24-2007, 09:42 PM
CHIEF

Send a message via ICQ to CHIEF
Don't shoot tell you see the red of their eyes...

CHIEF
Old 12-12-2011, 07:16 AM
LV NRG

Send a message via AIM to LV NRG
They are big in Stonelake! I can say with a picture of a 13 lbs 9 oz trout which came from Stone Lake in the last 2 years!

It was raining, snowing, windy, ( Leaking Tent) But well worth the trip....
Old 12-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Banned

Nice one..

Owls are the real bad medicine. When my uncle died we kept seeing owls everywhere, they are the messangers from the other side. Coyotes are skin walkers man, that was a skinwalking elder.

Last edited by Driftwood; 12-12-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by On The Fly! View Post
crossed the verde below horshoe dam and came across a cooler on trail. jump out of truck to examine and find it is full of iced rib eyes, pacificos and a bottle of drambuie! maybe we will run into the poor guys and be able to return it. no luck! after a fantastic meal and way too much booze, we crash. oh yeah, we were unable (inebriated) to set up tent, so buddy sleeps in cab and i spread s/bag out in truck bed. nothing in life could have been better as i drifted off eating a jar of honey roasted peanuts watching the stars. nirvana? my next recollection is of total chaos, glowing red eyes, big weight on me, screaming, my bag being shredded, my face being slashed, etc,. pull .357 and blast away (lucky to still have feet). buddy wet himself in cab. no lion, turns out by tracks, it was 2 coons fighting over my open jar of peanuts. talk about freaked out, please! Always carry a weapon and keep it close.

Don
Haha the coons stike back! Had the same thing happen to me. I spilled some of my dogs dry food, actually a whole bag opened from the bottom. So I had to park my vechile on top of the mess after I cleaned up as much as I cared to at night. Anyways later that night Im alone, sleeping in the cab and I hear faint noises, turn on my lights...nothing. I did get out to take a gander and sure enough it was a coon. Lucky I didn't start the engine and hit it. They are crafty lil fockers and have noises like bloodhounds. I think raiding camps is a coons fav. past time lol.

HOLY OLD THREAD Resurection! idk came up as 'todays post' for me, someone must have commented today been slow latley. I'll scuttle back under my piece of Driftwood now.

Last edited by Driftwood; 12-12-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Founding Member.

This thread is almost 5 yrs old.