Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > Hall of Infamy

Old 02-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Banned

Ever Fallen In?

stepped in a hole? 1 time for me and my boys were there to record the moment!

Don

Last edited by Seldomseen; 02-14-2007 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Resized and re-oriented images
Old 02-13-2007, 07:11 PM
Sophomoric member

Oh Yeah, I've fallen in the Black several times. Invigorating to say the least.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:19 PM

I don't think you can call yourself a fly fisherman if you havn't taken a dunking a couple times. Hope that water wasn't to cold...who am I kidding when you fall in its always cold. Tight Lines

Jason
Old 02-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Still Learning

I went swimming up in Alaska... Nothing quite like that feeling.

Your buddy across the river yells, "Hey! its time to hit the road."

Its been a long day on the river. It would take a little longer it you had to walk upstream and cross. It doesn't look that deep anyway. You wade out into the pool, testing the depth with your feet. A little more, a little more......

Suddenly you feel the slope that you didn't expect. You backpedal with all the energy you can muster. The water surrounding your legs make your steps feel like slow motion. Gravel yields beneath your boots. The previously still pool tells you that there really is a current there. A slight panic makes your heart race and your breathing quicken. Frantically you step against the gravel bar that is disappearing beneath you. Water presses against your back. You feel that cold stream of wetness run down your waders. All you can think is Oh ****! as you are swept into the water.

Your brain races into overdrive and instinct kicks into gear. Unconscientiously your flyrod ends up in your teeth and you look up to see your 'friends' laughing hysterically as you doggy paddle across the pool. Shouts of, "Are you OK?" interspersed with, "You Idiot!". Fortunately the current isn't that strong and you make it to the far bank. Now as you struggle out of the cold water you look like the Michelin Man because you left your wading belt at the house that day and you filled to overflowing. Squat down. Water pours from your waders. Pull your knees in tight and sit in the gravel. As you unlace your boots the cold sets into your bones. What the F' am I going to wear races thorugh your brain. I'm 2 hours from the house in the middle of nowhere. Strip down to your shorts and hike back to the truck asking, no begging, your buddies to share some dry clothes. Listen to the story over and over again for the next two years each time you go fising with those guys....

Yeah, I know what that feels like.

Last edited by aapostolik; 02-13-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:43 PM

Never while flyfishing. A couple times while duck hunting. Brrrrr.

We were breaking ice at Marshall to make a hole for the decoys. Joking around I mocked one of my buddies back of the thighs method of breaking ice and slipped. next thing I know I am sitting in Marshall lake with ice and water dumping in the back of my waders. It was so cold it hurt.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:09 PM

Only about 100 times including several where I have injured myself and others where nothing in my person was floating except my hat.....and it was floating away.

Fortunately, up unitl this point, none of these events have been captured on film.

Rare form On The Fly!

Good work - you can't fall in unless you are there!
Old 02-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Founding Member

Face down in Oak Creek. A long way from the car!!!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 08:30 PM
The Young Gun

Send a message via AIM to Bigfishjr.
I fell into the gila on the first of the year. My clothes were fulled with mud and sand. I didn't have waders but blue jeans cuase i didn't think ill be able to go fishing

Urban Bros Productions
Old 02-13-2007, 09:03 PM
always check six

No once but but twice on the San Juan on the same day--in the presence of several witnesses no less--down for sure but not for the count...
Old 02-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Nymphmaster P

You fell on the Juan? Well where was I looking? I must have missed that.

RoughRider Guide Flies
www.roughriderguide.com
www.aztecanglers.com
www.aztecanglers.blogspot.com