Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > General Discussion

Old 06-04-2008, 12:14 AM
Beginner

im nick, im 19 just moved out here about a year and ahalf ago from waschington state. i have always wanted to get into fly fishing. o just bought a rod combo at cabelas and was wondering if anyone knows where i could get some fly casting lessons? any thing will help thanks
Old 06-04-2008, 11:00 AM
The Young Gun

Send a message via AIM to Bigfishjr.
Check out Arizona Fly Fishing. there are plenty of guys that will help you out. They also do casting lessons.

Welcome aboard. This is a need place and it will really help with all your fly fishing needs.

Urban Bros Productions
Old 06-05-2008, 03:36 PM

New member and just getting started in the sport. I have a little bit of equipment I have built up in the last year or so. what would be a good place to go and learn for a beginner? I moved here a little over a year ago and have only fished a handful of waters. I was told of this site by a guy I met at the research park. are there any clubs or clinics for begiiners?

Davis
Old 06-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Banned

Quick Learner and other new members, You found AZ's premiere Fly Fishing Forum. Welcome. Ask away and you will get informed answers. I recommend Search on tool bar.

Don
Old 06-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Jonesing for the Salt

Quick Learner this is a great site to acquire knowledge. If you are looking for a club. There are 2 in the valley Arizona Flycasters on the west side and Desert Flycasters on the east side.

There are links on the main page.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Curtis Loew

Look into some of the outings the AZFAT Bass Club is offering. We have a fishing/campout planned for Willow Springs lake. You can fish for troots and bass. Check out the thread.

http://www.azflyandtie.com/flyforum/...splay.php?f=63
Old 06-13-2008, 07:26 PM

So this is where all you guys had gone!

I'm from Tucson, been there since 1976, born and raised in Morenci. I gave my flyrod to my daughter who is working in Montana so had to buy a new one. I was up in Hondah last week looking for Chief and/or Virgil to help me set it up but ran out of time not to mention it was a zoo with the festivities (30 yr anniversary -- sometimes I have trouble with prioities). Hope to get up there this fall as the same daughter will be interning in White River.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:51 PM

That is too bad that you didn't start fishing back in Idaho. It is fanatastic there on the South Fork of the Boise River and up in the Sawtooths. Especially during the Salmon Fly hatch and hopper season. I lived there fro 1992 to 1998. I had grown up in Phx always wanting to live in the mountains. Fortunately I moved to Boise in 1992 and was introduced to flyfishing. Now that I live in Flagstaff I still have that opportunity but the fish are no where as big and wild. Stan in Flagstaff or View of the Peaks
Old 06-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Nymphmaster P

I was born in Tucson, went to school in Flagstaff and now live Boise, talk about polar opposites. Welcome to the board. I love the SFB!!!

RoughRider Guide Flies
www.roughriderguide.com
www.aztecanglers.com
www.aztecanglers.blogspot.com
Old 06-20-2008, 10:22 PM

Hello, I'm Tim. I first started fishing about 4 years ago on vacation in Hawaii. We were staying at a friends house for 3 weeks and I got bored so I bought a $25 rig and proceeded to get skunked. At the time I lived in SD and bought a setup and learned to fish the surf and fell in love with it.

I moved here to N. Phoenix almost 2 years ago and realized I needed to change my game and learn how to catch bass. I spend time on AZBassZone and have learned a lot and made a few friends. I have some spots I like to fish but without a boat, I'm somewhat limited. So I'm looking to broaden my skills as well as my range.

I'm working on wrapping my first fly rod now and I'm hoping to get out and actually fish it in a few weeks when I get it done and get a reel etc for it. I'm looking forward to getting out there and getting my first Trout!

Tim