Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > General Discussion

Old 12-03-2012, 12:28 AM

Silver Creek

Took my little sister up to silver creek. Only saw one other person on a Saturday. Maybe they knew something we didn't though as it ended up being a great but relatively slow day. I landed two very nice fish and missed one strike, I think I tied on every fly in my box about... Julia hooked up and fought quite a few and almost landed one and had an absolute blast. Her casting improved immensely and the lack of trees in the back cast meant she only cost me about 20$ in breaking off flies instead of a small fortune! What a great trip and even though the numbers were not as high as I was hoping, it was great to catch some big ones and even better to laugh and help my sister through each panic attack producing strike!

Just finished making 18 dozen cookies for my Husband and his guys, time to call it a night

It's not against the rules to post a picture of a vest and an apron in the same thread is it?
Old 12-03-2012, 06:32 AM

Silver Creek & cookies

No, it is not against the rules to post this together. It is against the rules to make cookies and not have a way to share them!!!! Glad y'all had fun.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:06 AM
Rod Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayghost View Post
No, it is not against the rules to post this together. It is against the rules to make cookies and not have a way to share them!!!! Glad y'all had fun.
Actually she is sharing them with some very very deserving people that have the misfortune to be away from their families during the holiday season.

What we really need is a scratch and sniff computer screen , then we could all share a little in it.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:23 AM
t.craftsman f.k.a. shlitz

holy smokes! and I thought I had baked a lotta cookies lately (a mere eight dozen over three daze).

the pic of the apron girl is too cute. so much so I even just typed that. great way to spend time w/ your little sister. the fish are incidental though central to it.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:42 AM
Banned

Do you have a personal photographer that runs around and takes pics of you Baking? It seems I've seen more pics of you with baked goods than fish! LOL!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:45 AM

You were not alone in low numbers. We fished SC for nine hours yesterday and only landed three. The wind was humming and the water at the upper section was real cloudy compared to three weeks ago.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:53 AM

I have been to SC 2x this season. The first time I landed one, lost one and missed a 3.....worst 6 hour day ever at SC. Went back a week later and landed 11 and missed quite a few. Seems like the place is hot and cold this year. Hopefully it will even out a bit as pressure decreases and it gets colder.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Ben Wannabe

That pic looks like something from the 60's sans microwave
What happened to dad? He go dirtbiking on ya again?
Old 12-03-2012, 09:39 AM

SmellOVision!!! I love the idea of a scratch and sniff computer screen!!! I'll be baking another set for neighbors and co-workers the week before Christmas so if you stop into the shop you're welcome to one 8 dozen is still a bunch! I made snickerdoodles, sugar cookies, pumpkin spice, gingerbread bears, pecan wedding cookies, chocolate with andes mint pieces, and my "everything" cookie that has walnuts, butterscotch and chocolate chips, and bits of toffee. Most I didn't do frosting since it doesnt ship over there very well, except I'm trying a spiced apple cider frosting but using powdered milk with the powdered sugar, so it can't go bad on it's way over to them.

Glad I wasn't the only one it was hot and cold for, I tried everthing from midges to huge chartreuse buggers. I think I'll head up the 15th again, she really had a good time and was a trooper even though it was slower and pretty windy. She would absolutely lose her mind when they would charge across making a nice wake and yell to have me come over ha ha It was hilarious and a really good time. My dad caught the biggest (I swear I'll be 50 before I outfish him). He tried to go dirtbiking but he had never been here so I was able to talk him into coming!
Also talked to the Hatchery manager about maybe helping out next opening day and getting Bass Pro to contribute some people or flies perhaps.

Last edited by Flygirl; 12-03-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Fly Fishing Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Blur View Post
holy smokes! and I thought I had baked a lotta cookies lately (a mere eight dozen over three daze).

the pic of the apron girl is too cute. so much so I even just typed that. great way to spend time w/ your little sister. the fish are incidental though central to it.
Couldn't have said it better. Both pictures are cute. Enough that I am willing to admit it on an open forum.

A day fishing is a day not doing something less interesting, so that has to be a good thing in my book. Mexican wedding cookies, yummmm