Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > Hall of Infamy

Old 02-13-2007, 09:31 PM

At least one face plant a year and a hat floater every other year, for a couple of decades. Most years several times and that doesn't count the times I jumped in on purpose.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:43 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
My worst was also duck hunting. I was running down a sand bar in my neoprenes and stepped off the edge and sank past my waist in quicksand. Not real cold but i was definitely stuck for a bit. Very tough to get out with those neoprenes on. Used the good ole 870 to shovel my way back up the bank. I was by myself so it was a little scary. Dunked the 870 in the river for a good rinsing and finished out the day.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:10 PM
CHIEF

Send a message via ICQ to CHIEF
Went to Silver Creek for the first time back about 5-6 years ago, I thought the first step across some open water was a 1 foot and 1/2 but over 3 feet, fell forward but keep rod dry and top of collar, didn't even make 1 cast, drove home naked .....never went back that year....

CHIEF
Old 02-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Ultimate Modelator

I fall in once a year, and usually when there's someone right there to watch, and it's usually after I've just finished talking crap about how I'm a strong wader, or when I'm finished laughing at someone who fell in. Remember that Paul?
Old 02-13-2007, 11:03 PM

Worst was in the Mannistee in Michigan. Snow on the ground, freezing cold, and a VERY strong current. Thankfully my buddy was close enough to grab me by the collar to pull me out before I went for a long and very dangerous ride. Our other friend did the same thing about 15 minutes later. Made a quick trip back to the cabin to dry out before we turned into icicles.

Also took a rough one on the Juan last year. No one saw, but I almost wish they had so I could get some sympathy.

Always hate taking a dunking...
Old 02-14-2007, 03:53 AM

Biscut, an old friend, and I once overturned a canoe on Horseshoe (back in the days it actually had water). It was coldest day that winter.

We stripped down to our underwear, got in the Jeep, turned on the heater, and headed back to town. Should have seen the look we got when we went through a drive-through - all of us just in our skivvies.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:13 AM

Hey Chuck, don't forget the East Fork last summer! Wow, it was a cold morning too!
Old 02-14-2007, 06:17 AM

I've taken my fair share of falls while fishing, probably because I wade too agressively. Last summer I was fishing a little mountain creek in east TN and was trying to cross. I was trying to step on a submerged rock and on to the other side but missed the rock and was suddenly floating in a "pool" that was only about 4 X 5 feet but 5-6 feet deep. It was quite a shock...

The Trout Zone Blog

http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 02-14-2007, 06:36 AM
Banned

WOW, TOO FUNNY! i forgot all about all my duck hunting mishaps back in new england..... aapostolik really captured and eloquently expressed ones feelings at the moment when you realize you are f(*@&*****!!!!!

Don
Old 02-14-2007, 07:40 AM
Bigfoot Lives

I fall several times an outing, I believe it is due to the fact that my feet are too far away from my head My favorite fall of last year was when I was on the Madison, 20" fish in hand, I dropped the fish and tried to pull off the backhanded grab as the fish is swimming away. I ended up with both arms and my back soaked. Spent the rest of the 35 degree day shivering. Micah had the camera ready and could have captured the moment, but for some reason did not, which I thank him for. Also flipped a canoe at X in early May a few years back not a fun way to start the trip and it was right at dusk, so did not get warm all night.