Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > Hall of Infamy

Old 03-02-2006, 12:47 PM

ahhh the golf course ponds. I've got a favorite pond as well @ the TPC. Fish the narrow 'bays' on the biggest pond. This is about the right time of year, poppers and buggers will net some big big bass, and maybe even a catfish with the bugger. Be warned, I've been caught twice and told to leave but they are usually fairly nice about it. The last time we were caught, the old man came over in the golf cart and was really nice and told us we cant be fishing there, he even called back to the main office to ask if they could make an exclusion! Anyway..he ended up giving us a ride back to the casitas where we were parked.

Oh yeah and the coyotes are VERY friendly there. I was sitting on a grassy bank next to a desert 'island' on the course watching my friend fish and a coyote walked up to me within about 10 feet and just looked at me then proceeded to sit down and just hang out?? he must have been there for at least a few minutes...then he got up and leisurely walked right between me and the pond within 10 feet or so...
Old 03-03-2006, 09:19 AM

I haven't tried the TPC yet. I will have to give it a go. Go CATS! Last night was a scary event. It will interesting to see how we fair in the tourney...
Old 09-01-2006, 04:37 PM
Fiddler of fish

I can tell you mine - you have to fly there so no worries

Low Kinikinick in WI and the Bruel also in Wi. The Lower kinni has 38 miles of wilderness you can drive up to a state park with only 8 parking spots in it. NO where else to park and the walk to the next closest parking is 20 miles. You can hike back into a forest that is for the majority of it's length untouched, all browns and brookies. Last time I checked with MN/ WI DNR there were 5000 fish per fishable mile ( now that will rival any blue ribbon stream anywhere).

The Bruel is one of the sickest badest brown trout streams in the world. You get Browns from the Great Lakes (Basicaly See run browns) In a stream built just like Oak Creek with less elevation. you can site cast to 10 lbs plus browns and they eat all kinds of nasty floating bugs. Thing is about back home for me is that everyone is a walleye fisherman - so for the most part I share the stream with one other person maybe two if it's a weekend.

Man I miss home.

Last edited by fishpimp; 09-04-2006 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:55 PM
Nymphmaster P

Dude, when are we going????????????????????????????????????????????? ???

RoughRider Guide Flies
www.roughriderguide.com
www.aztecanglers.com
www.aztecanglers.blogspot.com
Old 09-01-2006, 06:17 PM
Curtis Loew

Cheesehead! What part of Wisconsin are these streams in? I grew up in Iowa where Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinios meet. Did lots of cat fishing on the Mississippi when I was younger.

Someday I want to get back to fish some of the trout streams in Northeast Iowa.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:11 PM
Derelict

Honey holes, revisited.

I have three now here in Idaho.

#1 is in the eastern end of the state. It is a small stream that constitutes the headwaters of a pretty small obscure river. In mid-summer all you have to do is plop a PMX at the head of a pool to elicit strikes from multiple thick wild rainbows ranging from 11" - 15" in length. If the PMX sinks, you just let it make the drift and set the hook when your line darts. Sometimes, you'll hit a beautiful, endangered bull trout this way.

#2 is a small stream here in Southwest Idaho, less than 2 hours from Boise - AND located on pavement! Despite it all, I've never seen another angler there and it really is not fished. No, this isn't me thinking that a stream is neglected when there are actually people fishing it somewhat regularly. I mean this thing is flat out ignored. This is the most mind-blowing thing about the whole deal. Sure, just about every stream here in the mountains holds trout, but most are in the 4" - 6" size range. On this small drink of water, every fish is a healthy wild trout 11" - 15" in size. There are also some bull trout, but I haven't seen one yet. Most small pocket water pools remind me of Oak Creek and yield a trout or maybe two. However, you occasionally stumble upon a pool that gives up a half dozen or more trout that are pleased to rise 4 or 5 feet from the bottom of a pool to smack a large, ugly foam hopper.

#3 is the South Fork of the Boise below Anderson Dam. This is one of the most popular rivers in Southwest Idaho, not to mention the entire state. However, many specific runs and flies are not known by most. Therefore, such a major river with high traffic is still a place where you can stick hogs with no one around. It is just about an hour from home and an amazing place. I am thankful every day to have such a crazy good river so close to home.

On the radar for next summer are a few small obscure rivers and streams that are very remote even by Idaho standards and are reputed to contain trophy small stream trout.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:36 PM
CHIEF

Send a message via ICQ to CHIEF
My honey hole is always vacant and no words can ever explain its where abouts....

CHIEF
Old 09-21-2006, 07:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to Iluvmyfly
I knew a few on the oak creek that were unreal. There are 20 inchers on that creek.

T
Old 10-17-2006, 11:16 PM

ahh weel id have to say sitka alaska a old crazy fly fisherman showed a stream to me when i was there can u say bows char kings reds silvers haha alaska is a joke
Old 10-24-2006, 07:25 PM
Fiddler of fish

Here is my honey hole:
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...r9G905UMaZFdM=