Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > Hall of Infamy

Old 12-16-2011, 07:28 AM

ok....I put some wood ashes on my face and am ready for the rest of the story!

I worked in Farmington for a summer. Worked beside some locals. Not much talk of Skin Walkers for fear of a visit that night! And no way I am giving anyone any of my hair.....
Old 12-16-2011, 09:16 AM
CHIEF

Send a message via ICQ to CHIEF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litespeed1 View Post
ok....I put some wood ashes on my face and am ready for the rest of the story!

I worked in Farmington for a summer. Worked beside some locals. Not much talk of Skin Walkers for fear of a visit that night! And no way I am giving anyone any of my hair.....
How about a pc of you torn jeans or fingernail clippings.....yeeeee

CHIEF
Old 12-16-2011, 10:32 AM

Torn piece of clothing or fingernail clippings???? NO WAY.........you're freaking me out.....need more wood ashes!
Old 12-16-2011, 07:08 PM
CHIEF

Send a message via ICQ to CHIEF
Or better yet your umbilical cord....these are the stories I heard when I used to spend the summer out in the sticks...Adults used to love to tell scary stories and leave us there on the weekends....From Ramah, Chinle, Mexican Springs, Pueblo Pintada...all these stories were related to us small one...funny yet scary time for us...

CHIEF
Old 09-07-2012, 03:22 PM

Resurrected again!

What a great tale Chief! I LOVE it! Seriously, fantastic! THIS is life, living...

Since I was a kid I've loved being alone in the wilderness overnight. I've enjoyed many hundreds of miles of solo backpacking, as well as car camping. Memories of following a coyote into the night, away from my campfire on the Modoc Plateau... walking alone in the moonlight in the Bisti Badlands... an almost terrifying, stormy night in the Chuska... Wow, THAT one was over the top. In the middle of the night, in the worst rain and lightning and thunder I've ever experienced, just absolutely certain that my very survival depended on getting away from there 5 minutes ago, I locked my Landcruiser in 4 low and just got the **** outa there! I couldn't see through the water on the windshield, there were inches of water raging down the 4x4 road... I was seeing things outside in the lightening flashes... Ooohgh, I've got the willies right now sitting here in my house and that was well over a decade ago... It was like a freakish nightmare. Somehow - and I swear to heaven I still don't remember driving in - I woke the next morning parked under a cottonwood near Canyon del Muerto... The sun felt so good...

Thanks for write-up. I'm gonna search for more of your stories!

Please share more!

Last edited by RollininZona; 09-07-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:52 PM

Nice stories Emerson! You should write a book! I would buy it!