Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > General Discussion

Old 12-06-2018, 08:24 AM
Always Improving

Nearing the end of Rim country Tiger Safari's...

Well, with pretty much nothing to do yesterday afternoon, I opted to take a little drive up on to the Rim and check icing on Woods and Willow Springs. The Rim Road is fairly free of snow/ice/slush, and is passable with a 2WD vehicle. A friend suggested not taking the entire FR 300 Road, unless I had 4WD due to the amount of snow/ice/slush/mud throughout the entire 40+ miles of roadway. Otherwise, the 4WD would easily pass over those sections of road are not friendly to my little Dodge Dakota Quab Cab.

The first gate leading into Woods Canyon just north of FR 300 is closed and locked. Guess I won't go chasing any Tigers up there until next Spring.

Going into Willow Springs wasn't bad and was 50% covered in snow/ice/slush. The main parking area was nearly completely buried in the white stuff and only 2 brave souls were on the water.

The main body of Willow Springs is ice free, however from what I could tell, the southern finger is icing over fairly quickly, and the eastern finger looked like it was getting iced over as well. The boat ramp was still clear of ice at the moment, so perhaps several Tiger Safari's can be arranged before it is fully iced over.

Thought you'd like to know, just in case a last minute chance to chase some Tiger's or Bow's was giving you some mild fits...

"Mistakes do not define you...mistakes refine you"
Old 12-06-2018, 06:50 PM

Thanks for the info !
Old 12-07-2018, 08:41 PM

Going into Willow Springs wasn't bad and was 50% covered in snow/ice/slush. The main parking area was nearly completely buried in the white stuff and only 2 brave souls were on the water

Wow those two guys on the water is straight dedication to the game, put and take fishery? straight love to the fishing game
Old Yesterday, 07:12 AM
Always Improving

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPoppa View Post
Going into Willow Springs wasn't bad and was 50% covered in snow/ice/slush. The main parking area was nearly completely buried in the white stuff and only 2 brave souls were on the water

Wow those two guys on the water is straight dedication to the game, put and take fishery? straight love to the fishing game
Yup, dedication is the key!

So much so, that Monday looks like an ideal time to bring the tube up to Willow Springs and chase some Tiger's at least once before the ice completely locks me out...

Now then, where are my new, untested, wool socks?

"Mistakes do not define you...mistakes refine you"