Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > General Discussion

Old 10-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Sophomoric Member

Fish pics and Head shots!

Not sniper head shots, by the way.

Hey guys. I wanted to say thanks to the people who contributed some fish pics to the watercolor cause here. I've got some good stuff to work with.

Incidentally, I posted the exact same request on the Utah forum and got ZERO response. Just one more piece of evidence in support of my theory that those guys are, for some reason, much douchey-er than the guys on this board.

Here's my new request: In looking at some of the shots I got and some that I have myself, I decided I want to do a trout series of just head-shots. I want to do something like four species in the same frame. Just close-ups of the head from the side. A Brook, Brown, Rainbow, and probably a Cutt or Apache. It's looking really cool in my head.

So if you have any good head shots, please let me have them. Even high res. side shots would be great if they show a good head and you can zoom in on it, like nose to pectoral fin.

Of course any sweet fish pics are still welcome.

Thanks again guys. I think you're really gonna like how these paintings turn out. And, like I said before, if I'm using one of your pics, you can enjoy a print of it at home.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Founding Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvtoro View Post

Incidentally, I posted the exact same request on the Utah forum and got ZERO response. Just one more piece of evidence in support of my theory that those guys are, for some reason, much douchey-er than the guys on this board.
You are just now seeing that? Wow. I can tell you some stories about that site, that would make you laugh till you pee'd.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Sophomoric Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fshfanatic View Post
You are just now seeing that? Wow. I can tell you some stories about that site, that would make you laugh till you pee'd.
Oh, I've seen it for quite a while. Like I said, this is "just one more piece of evidence". It's the reason that, more and more, I spend my time on [I]this[I] site even though I around and fish with the guys on that site.

Outside of the constant BS and pee-pee contests, my favorite personal experience was being rejected from a fly swap for not showing the proper obesience to the swapster.

I think the major difference is that people on this site actually like each other... or that they like people in general.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Founding Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvtoro View Post
Oh, I've seen it for quite a while. Like I said, this is "just one more piece of evidence". It's the reason that, more and more, I spend my time on [i]this[i] site even though I around and fish with the guys on that site.

Outside of the constant BS and pee-pee contests, my favorite personal experience was being rejected from a fly swap for not showing the proper obesience to the swapster.

I think the major difference is that people on this site actually like each other... or that they like people in general.
In the yrs that I was a member there and fished with many of them, it is very obvious that if you are not "one of the good old boys" they really couldnt careless about you are anything you say or do. They are very high on themselves. So much so that it almost seems like they believe that to be a positive trait.