Arizona Fly Fishing Forums  

Go Back   Arizona Fly Fishing Forums > Arizona Fly Fishing > General Discussion

Old 02-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Senior Moment

Barry Rich born 1962 in Tacoma Washington didn't stay to long moved to Scottsdale and been here since. Graduated Scottsdale high then off to ASU. Working as a personnel trainer and PE teacher but know I'm a stay at home dad with three little girls:
Always loved the outdoors backpacking mountain biking and my new addiction flyfishing which i've done for about 8 years Don't get out much usually a day trip up on the rim hence the name long ago Keep those post coming
Old 02-08-2006, 04:31 PM

Howdy!

Name is Dave King born in Glendale, AZ in '84. Been fishing since I was three but have only used a fly rod for a couple of years. Bass fishing is still my first love but do enjoy getting out and catching trout on flies that I tie. Usually spend 4th of July weekend fishing the reservation lakes with my brother-in-law and his family and have a great time. Currently am a student at NAU working on becoming a bio teacher but once these lakes ice out I'll be out there with my fly rod. Definately expecting some good things from LLM this year!
Old 02-08-2006, 05:45 PM

My name is Jeff Caganich ans was born in 73 and raised here in Phx, AZ. My parents divorced when I was two and my Dad went to Washington and my Mom stayed here in AZ. I used to spend the summers in WA State with my Dad and went to school here. I became a fisherman in WA and in 83 became a resident of Washington till 86 when my Dad moved back to AZ. I started fly fishing in 97 and Bassed fish from about 89 till 96. Trout soon became my new target species and after a while I soon started fishing for Bass again with the long rod and pretty much everything else including salt water fish.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:31 PM

Terry Arrington -born 1960 in New Mexico. Grew up fishing the small mountain streams around Ruidoso and the lakes of the Mescalero Apache Reservation. Traveled eastward to Texas Tech for college (thus the name DBLTEA) and stayed in West Texas for some reason (jobs were plentiful during the oil boom of the late 70's).

Married to a wonderful gal for 24 years ...two teenagers ...16 yr old daughter and an 18 yr old son who is headed to Univ of Texas (that took some adjusting but he is a runner and a cyclist so Austin will be perfect)

Introduced to the White Mtns by my brother-in-law who grew up in Wilcox and have been taking an annual trip every year since my high school days. I usually come out in late Sept\early Oct when the crowds are gone, the air is crisp and the elk are bugling. You guys have a piece of heaven and I read your adventures almost daily and anxiously await the upcoming day of moving back to NM or even out to your stomping grounds.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:18 AM
Curtis Loew

Jay B born in Iowa in 1957. Grew up in a small town hunting, fishing, camping all my life. Lived in Texas several years before moving to AZ about 8 years ago. Married 23 years, 2 kids, both grown and out of the house (finally).

Started flyfishing when I moved to AZ. Still have all the other gear but rarely use it. Just love to do the camping/fishing thing. My daughter bought me a fly tying kit from AZ FF over a year ago. Never used it but want to learn some day. Right now I am back in school and working so my time is very limited.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:31 AM

Michael F
Born in lakeside-pinetop 1971. Lived in WA for 2 years...
2 kids 6 and 7 years old. Wife of 11 years.

Brought up outdoors, 4th gen arizonan, great grands homesteaded in showlow linden area. Now i can never get up there and when i do i'm off on water....

Work in the semiconductor industry....have for a LONG time....

Love to fish, love even more to see my kids fish!
Flyfishing since 1987ish......

Last edited by WMF; 04-03-2006 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:52 AM

My name is Brian W.
Born in Tempe, AZ in 1982, 4th generation AZ, my father is from a family of 19 brothers and sisters all born and raised in AZ as well. I grew up in Tempe, then we moved to Appleton, WI for a couple years (cold!!!) then we moved back to AZ (talk about a climate change) and lived in Carefree. Graduated from UA last year.

My father got me into fly fishing when I was about 13, I started out float tubing lakes with him all over AZ, mainly the reservation. As I grew older, I really became interested in stream fishing alot more, especially backcountry fishing. I've traveled all over the western US fly fishing streams and rivers with one of my cousins and lived just outside of Ennis, MT for a short period of time. My freetime is generally spent in the remote mountains of AZ; 4wheeling/rock crawling or flyfishing. I figure I better take advantage of being young and single while I can...especially after reading this thread

Last edited by Westy; 02-09-2006 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:11 PM

Kelly Clark ....born & raised in Oakley, Idaho (pop.613 including jackrabbits)
....married 28 years and have two teen-agers at home (started
the kid gig late and don't know if I'll see the finish)
....affiliated with the military for 27 years (5 active Air Force; 22
Air & Army Nat'l Guard aviation)
....own & operate a pest control business with a partner (damn
good thing he doesn't fish)

Reading these posts doesn't just make me feel old; it makes me realize that I am old. Where are all the more mature gentlemen (old farts)? Must all be lurkers. At least Mr. Green Weenie is close to my generation.

Grew up fishing small cricks in south Idaho for native trout. At the age of 8, my son decided we would become flyfishers. My thanks to the Desert Flycasters for their assistance in making that happen. Cut my teeth at the walk-in at the Ferry; hence ScudChucker.

Truly enjoy fishing out of a tube (no lazy boy comments, please) and have been know to pursue warm & cold water species. At times, alas, conventional gear will be used on Mr. Bucket-mouth.

I, too, am a native Idahoan who dislikes the valley but loves Arizona.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:38 AM
Fisherman

Smile

Tony Desruisseau, Been in AZ since I was three, been fishing ever since. Seldom and I have been fishing together all over AZ for about 15yrs or so. My mentor was my dad who was a major fisherman, Our summer trips took all over the western States and up to Washington and Canada Fishing all over along the way.. Since he passed I've been to Alaska ,Hawaii and Belize, And Iam planning to add to that list. I ve been using a long rod on and off for about 10yrs but I really appreciate it now. But I guess I just love to fish no matter what I am using or trying to catch..
Old 02-10-2006, 06:38 AM

Hi my name is Jake Rush im 22 born in april of '83. Was born right here in mesa and have lived here 20 of my 22 years. Currently planning a wedding to take place in November so the fiance' has put a hold on my spending. I started spin fishing in march of last year and then on a trip to chevelon in july my whole world changed. I bought my first rod and reel set up in september and since that time have purchased 4 other rods, i love it! I can't wait until spring to go hit the spawning bass with a fly rod and the slurping carp with a fly rod. Im not what you would call a "purist" of the sport i don't go and buy sage's because i can't afford them and i've herad that theres alot of cheaper rods that will perform just as good. Im still learning every time i hit the water and i hope this web page will help learn new tying techniques and maybe a few secrets from the veterans of the sport.