Arizona Fly Fishing Forums

Arizona Fly Fishing Forums (http://www.azflyandtie.com/flyforum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.azflyandtie.com/flyforum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Carp fishing in north Phoenix ?? (http://www.azflyandtie.com/flyforum/showthread.php?t=15406)

Pinetopbob 02-21-2017 03:13 PM

Carp fishing in north Phoenix ??

Unfortunately, I have relocated to North Phoenix in December and have been thinking of the large carp fishing here in the valley.

Can anyone give me some directions to some carp fishing in the Cave Creek/ 101 area of the valley??

Thanks.

lostdutchman 02-21-2017 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinetopbob (Post 169245)
Unfortunately, I have relocated to North Phoenix in December and have been thinking of the large carp fishing here in the valley.

Can anyone give me some directions to some carp fishing in the Cave Creek/ 101 area of the valley??

Thanks.

There isn't much..

Golf courses are your friends up there..

huntmoore 02-21-2017 08:54 PM

I've had some luck on the canal around 67th Ave and Greenway...15min or so from you...

Pinetopbob 02-22-2017 07:29 AM

Thank you sir, I'll map this out and get down there.

mrg85 02-22-2017 10:21 AM

Swag

I'm obnoxious.

Pinetopbob 02-22-2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrg85 (Post 169253)
I'm obnoxious.

What does this mean ???? My kind of day for this reply.

BunsbertMontcroffEsq 02-27-2017 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinetopbob (Post 169245)

Thanks.

Bob, I rode the entire Arizona and Grand Canal as a loop on my bike last week and only saw carp in one stretch - along the Grand Canal near 20th Street and Thomas. There had to have been hundreds all schooled together in clear water. There was even a guy throwing a net into the canal to catch them (I guess he didn't know that SRP is pretty strict about releasing them because they eat the algae from the canals).

I've seen or heard them rise along other stretches of the canals, so give it a shot wherever access is easiest for you. In my experience they tend to be pretty spooky and I haven't had any luck fishing them (using egg patterns and green weenies on the fly rod and sweet corn on the spinning rod).

lostdutchman 02-27-2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BunsbertMontcroffEsq (Post 169274)
Bob, I rode the entire Arizona and Grand Canal as a loop on my bike last week and only saw carp in one stretch - along the Grand Canal near 20th Street and Thomas. There had to have been hundreds all schooled together in clear water. There was even a guy throwing a net into the canal to catch them (I guess he didn't know that SRP is pretty strict about releasing them because they eat the algae from the canals).

I've seen or heard them rise along other stretches of the canals, so give it a shot wherever access is easiest for you. In my experience they tend to be pretty spooky and I haven't had any luck fishing them (using egg patterns and green weenies on the fly rod and sweet corn on the spinning rod).

Also keep in mind that fishing is allowed in srp canals.. and not cap ( which are most of the canals you find in n. Phoenix)

Too bad.. cause there are stripers in cap canals...

mrg85 07-11-2017 12:33 PM

This forum gives me irritable bowel syndrome

lostdutchman 07-11-2017 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrg85 (Post 170406)
This forum gives me irritable bowel syndrome

You sure it's not the milk from your mom's breast that's causing you to **** out of your butt?!

It's pretty easy to not read a forum/ thread.