Arizona Fly Fishing Forums

Arizona Fly Fishing Forums (http://www.azflyandtie.com/flyforum/index.php)
-   Carpool (http://www.azflyandtie.com/flyforum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Lee's ferry trip (http://www.azflyandtie.com/flyforum/showthread.php?t=14676)

Always_On_The_Fly 06-15-2015 07:01 PM

Lee's ferry trip

Wanting to plan a lees ferry trip.. been keeping up on the reports and its getting better and better....

almostlost 06-15-2015 10:11 PM

It's been a couple of weeks since I was there last but, I honestly wouldn't plan on going back for a long while if I was just fishing the walk in section. LFA says a 3 and I think that's a high 3. The very few fish we did catch were looking quite healthy though...

Anyone else have any reports of the walk in?

Always_On_The_Fly 06-15-2015 10:21 PM

I had a killer dry bite last weekend... i probably caught a fish every 40 yards.. few over 16in but most around 10 to 15.. they wernt shy to come up... got me kindda jazzed to get back up there

almostlost 06-15-2015 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Always_On_The_Fly (Post 162911)
I had a killer dry bite last weekend... i probably caught a fish every 40 yards.. few over 16in but most around 10 to 15.. they wernt shy to come up... got me kindda jazzed to get back up there

Sweet! Boulder section?

Always_On_The_Fly 06-16-2015 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by almostlost (Post 162912)
Sweet! Boulder section?

You know ive only been up there 3 times since i moved to havasu and im making it a every other weekend thing to get up there. I have a 12 foot aluminum boat i just found out i can launch so i wanna start doing that be nice to hook up with someone to fish with

Always_On_The_Fly 06-16-2015 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Always_On_The_Fly (Post 162913)
You know ive only been up there 3 times since i moved to havasu and im making it a every other weekend thing to get up there. I have a 12 foot aluminum boat i just found out i can launch so i wanna start doing that be nice to hook up with someone to fish with

So i really dont know the names of any spots!

almostlost 06-16-2015 09:44 PM

Ah, gotcha. It's basically the area from the large boulder mid river and below to the Paria. The last time I was there I actually didn't fish it at all.

Wish I could join you for a trip but, sadly I work weekends. At least I get to fish during the week when most people are at work ; )

Eyedeas 06-17-2015 03:11 AM

I've fished Lees Ferry on two separate occasions. Both times were spectacular.
It wasn't just the fish, it was the combined trip.

almostlost 06-17-2015 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eyedeas (Post 162930)
It wasn't just the fish, it was the combined trip.

Agreed, great views, tons of cool hiking, slot canyons and wildlife in the area.

Always_On_The_Fly 06-19-2015 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by almostlost (Post 162933)
Agreed, great views, tons of cool hiking, slot canyons and wildlife in the area.

You guys walk in or fish from a boat..... also do they let 2 strokes on the river.... most likely not but just wondering... heard a guy down the street takes his little boat down there and hes kindda a yahoo so just wondering if hes full of ***** haha