Arizona Fly Fishing Forums

Arizona Fly Fishing Forums (http://www.azflyandtie.com/flyforum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.azflyandtie.com/flyforum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Expired fishing license fine (http://www.azflyandtie.com/flyforum/showthread.php?t=15948)

tenpoundlunker 11-26-2018 12:20 PM

Expired fishing license fine

So I have a stupid question for you guys. I fished Silver Creek the other day, and got popped for an expired fishing license that expires a couple months ago. I have lived here 30 years and always had a valid fishing license. Well my dumb***** didn't realize it expired in September. I was so used to them being good for the whole year that I spaced it. Anyways got a ticket. I literally have been checked twice in 30 years here. Does anyone know what kind of fine that carries? Or if they can be forgiving on that?

SJDrifli 11-26-2018 12:45 PM

Ken, it can't hurt to explain that to the judge but unfortunately it has been a year from purchase law for a couple years so the judge may not be sympathetic, but can't hurt to lay it on thick. Not sure what the fine is but guessing a c-note. Sorry bro.

tenpoundlunker 11-26-2018 12:57 PM

Thanks Paul. It's my own dumb fault but I'm hoping they can have some pity on me. I'll just explain I have an infant at home and I have baby brain.:)

SJDrifli 11-26-2018 01:08 PM

That won't hurt your cause. They may be able to check computer for past purchases. Good luck and let me know how it goes. I really don't want to fish with a convicted fishing hooligan 😉

david vaughn 11-27-2018 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenpoundlunker (Post 172733)
Does anyone know what kind of fine that carries? Or if they can be forgiving on that?

I would suggest calling the Court and sharing the ARS section you were cited for, and ask what the possible fine(s) might be. One never knows, it could be dismissed with a stern look/lecture from the Judge. I would highly recommend you purchase a new license to show the Court you do follow the law, just in case.

aztightlines 11-27-2018 08:44 AM

How about exerting your "white privilege" and throwing yourself on the Mercy of the Court?

lakelady 11-27-2018 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aztightlines (Post 172739)
How about exerting your "white privilege" and throwing yourself on the Mercy of the Court?

Why is white privilege in quotes?

SJDrifli 11-27-2018 01:26 PM

I'm guessing because it was a joke.

tenpoundlunker 11-27-2018 04:34 PM

I purchased a new license right there on the spot in front of the game and fish officer. I hoped after I explained myself he would understand, but to no avail. I get a kick out of the "white privilege" thing. I don't think there is such a thing when it comes to the courts wanting money$$$$$. The only color is green. :ROFL:

aztightlines 11-27-2018 09:20 PM

That was pretty much the joke...

Paul knows me; I am waiting to exert my privilege with the Border Patrol at the checkpoints down south...will let you know how it goes.