Arizona Fly Fishing Forums

Arizona Fly Fishing Forums (http://www.azflyandtie.com/flyforum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.azflyandtie.com/flyforum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   It's weird (http://www.azflyandtie.com/flyforum/showthread.php?t=15726)

Litespeed1 12-20-2017 08:46 AM

It's weird

It's weird.

I consider myself a pretty good at finding and catching browns yet I haven't caught a brown trout in any Arizona stream for two years (other than those designated for brown trout).
They've been officially eliminated from our non brown waters. Bummer.

joe 12-20-2017 11:02 AM

According to Nature's Way of doing things, the heritage brown trout of Europe should not be in the USA.

M Lopez 12-21-2017 06:02 PM

What streams have you fished expecting to catch a brown but haven't?

RIMFISHER 12-22-2017 08:00 PM

Litespeed, still need to meet up. I've come to find the Browns still exist but they are 0-14. Kidding of course but their feeding patterns in a lot of the streams have changed
since they are constantly being attacked. I caught a couple + 18ers over turkey day that I would have never thought existed where I was fishing.

DrLogik 12-27-2017 06:52 PM

In many parts of the country where they have designated "Wild Trout" waters, there are efforts by the respective State DNR's to weed Brown trout out of those waters as they are considered an invasive non-indigenous fish. Has this been going on in Arizona?

joe 12-28-2017 10:45 AM

The White Mountain Tribe has been sucessful removing Brown trout mechanically above fish barriers but it takes several years and many passes/year to work. They have been doing this for almost 10 years that I know of.

BunsbertMontcroffEsq 12-29-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe (Post 171276)
According to Nature's Way of doing things, the heritage brown trout of Europe should not be in the USA.

Neither should Anglos, but we're here :- P

joe 12-29-2017 10:31 AM

BME,

Are you talking about Anglos that are uneducated in fisheries or the Anglos that are educated in fisheries???

BunsbertMontcroffEsq 12-29-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe (Post 171335)
BME,

Are you talking about Anglos that are uneducated in fisheries or the Anglos that are educated in fisheries???

hi joe, just a bad joke based on the observation that anglos aren't native to the americas either, a bit like the brown trout : )

Litespeed1 01-12-2018 08:12 AM

:)

My intent on beginning this thread was to proclaim there are no Brown trout in any streams or rivers other than those designated for brown trout so that any agencies lurking on site would feel they have accomplished their goal. Their goal being to eradicate this state of browns. I write this because I feel this site is used as a resource.

RIMFISHER I am thumbs up for hitting some "non brown" creeks in the near future with you!