Arizona Fly Fishing Forums

Arizona Fly Fishing Forums (http://www.azflyandtie.com/flyforum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.azflyandtie.com/flyforum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Well-deserved recognition (http://www.azflyandtie.com/flyforum/showthread.php?t=15556)

aztightlines 06-18-2017 07:28 PM

Well-deserved recognition
 
Flipping through the latest edition of Fly Fisherman magazine, I spotted some familiar designs in cork grips, under the "Artwork You Can Hold" article on page 30.

Seems like our own resident guide and poster mvtoro received a good plug on his Timmy Grip art on cork handles...congratulations, man, though this seems to be just the tip of the iceberg of your contributions to the fly fishing world.

SAT 06-19-2017 07:20 AM

Those are some sweet grips and are works of art indeed!

I believe they are called Timmy Grips...

aztightlines 06-19-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAT (Post 170214)
Those are some sweet grips and are works of art indeed!

I believe they are called Timmy Grips...

Correct: Timmy Grips, fixed it

Ragen 06-19-2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aztightlines (Post 170207)
Flipping through the latest edition of Fly Fisherman magazine, I spotted some familiar designs in cork grips, under the "Artwork You Can Hold" article on page 30.

Seems like our own resident guide and poster mvtoro received a good plug on his Timmy Grip art on cork handles...congratulations, man, though this seems to be just the tip of the iceberg of your contributions to the fly fishing world.

Which edition? I was looking at my July/Aug and didn't see it

aztightlines 06-19-2017 04:47 PM

The June/July 2017 issue is what I have...delivered in the last few days...are you sure we are both talking about Fly Fisherman?

Ragen 06-19-2017 06:58 PM

Humm The latest Fly Fisherman that I have has a display until Aug 14 2017... It's the 2017 Rods and Reels issue... Wonder if it's a special edition?

SAT 06-19-2017 08:31 PM

I found it in the June-July Fly Fisherman issue pg30

Mr Blur 06-20-2017 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragen (Post 170222)
Humm The latest Fly Fisherman that I have has a display until Aug 14 2017... It's the 2017 Rods and Reels issue... Wonder if it's a special edition?

it is that.

mvtoro 06-28-2017 02:36 PM

Hey, thanks guys!!!

Yeah, Ross Purnell, the editor, contacted me a little bit ago about doing this little news piece. The grips have gotten tons of traction and people have been really excited about them. If I'm not actually at a show selling art, I now probably do more original artwork on grips than I sell of anything else, including prints.

Talking with Orvis right now about possibly putting out a limited edition Superfine fiberglass rod (of maybe 75-100) that will have my artwork on the grips.

fishunter 07-05-2017 06:52 AM

Great job Tim.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Logos, Trademarks are property of their owners. Other content Copyright 2006-2015 azflyandtie.com . All Rights Reserved.